Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-14-2017, 07:15 PM   #211
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The short period since this election has convinced me that I've been naive for 58 years. I now think it will be virtually impossible to clean up the mess in Washington democratically. It will require a violent revolution. I'm not sure what's going to trigger it, when it will occur, or whether the good guys or bad guys will win, My best guess is that when the establishment finally loses control of the paper monetary system and the economy gets really bad, the level of unemployment, hunger, crime, and disease will get so high, people are going to take up arms against politicians, media heads, Wall St and bank executives, central bankers and the super wealthy. If I'm alive to see it (and I suspect I might be), I won't be one of the people turning to violence, but I will not be cheering or working against them.
Ever see the T.V. series Revolution?
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 07:24 PM   #212
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

Like the left wing sources you quote your word doesn't mean spit. You constantly say you are going to stop spewing crap about a subject then start right back up a page later. I can see why you found Hillary's dishonesty so appealing.
two-faced queen spewing lies was appalling
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #213
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I'm not the only one.

It must be so comforting for youse guys to buy into this bull. Thinking the "lame stream" media was put up to this by disgruntled dems and therefore you have nothing whatsoever to worry about
.................................................. ..........
GOP senator accuses Trump of eroding ‘trust in our institutions’ after abrupt Comey firing

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/gop-...-comey-firing/
You are not understanding what's going on.

The Washington establishment is primarily made up of wildly corrupt democrats, republicans, powerful members of the media, powerful members of the intelligence community, government institutions, and the Fed/Wall St banking cartel. To a large extent they are all controlled by wealthy individuals and corporations that implement policy (even if it's bad for the average American) to further their agendas and enrich themselves at our expense. There are very few decent people among them. Those are are decent are typically quickly destroyed or marginalized by the media or politically.

There are some minor political differences among all these people, but right now the one thing almost all of them are united in is keeping power and destroying Trump.

Disgruntled democrats haven't put the media up to all these biased attacks, lies and spin. The neocons are attacking also and they are republicans. They are all part of it, including members of the media. Their sole purpose is to discredit/destroy the president and prevent him from implementing any policy that conflicts with their globalist, elitist, imperialistic, anti Russia, economic and foreign policy. Trump has very little support from anywhere inside Washington or in the media. His support is outside Washington.

What I am trying to explain to you is that the people on this forum and around the country are for the most part all decent human beings that just happen to disagree on policy. The people in Washington trying to destroy Trump are not decent people that just happen to disagree with him. They are for the most part despicably horrible lying scumbag human beings whose souls should be damned to hell for eternity.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 05-14-2017 at 07:42 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #214
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Ever see the T.V. series Revolution?
No. But I think I'd like it.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #215
Clocker

Quote:
I now think it will be virtually impossible to clean up the mess in Washington democratically.
Anyone that doubts this should read "The Triumph of Politics" by David Stockman.

Stockman was Reagan's budget director and the coordinator of Reagan's plan to downsize the government. The book describes the futility they faced, with Republicans in Congress and even members of Reagan's own cabinet fighting against cuts in spending and head counts.

The key to the federal government is special interests, and I don't think Trump has figured that out, and he is frustrated by his lack of power and control.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #216
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
The key to the federal government is special interests, and I don't think Trump has figured that out, and he is frustrated by his lack of power and control.
He was particularly naive going in.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:49 PM   #217
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
No. But I think I'd like it.
The premise is the power grid fails and chaos and revolution follows.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 07:50 PM   #218
_______
Veteran

Quote:
He was particularly naive going in.
Which is itself remarkable.

I don't think you are wrong.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #219
hcap

OOPS!!!!!

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/its-...ps-presidency/

Quote:
“It’s a nightmare,” Coulter said, while adding that if Trump keeps going in the direction he has been, she’ll have to concede that the “Trump haters were right.”
It's only a matter of time.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #220
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Just a matter of time till he is gone. He is f**king up so bad even repugs are wondering just how bat shit CRAZY he really is.

The fat orange emperor has no clothes.
You're completely wrong on this one. Two terms baby...two terms for your nightmare scenario.

Can't wait until 2020...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2017, 11:20 AM   #221
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
He also may have crossed a line when he cited the Russia investigation as one reason for firing Comey. It's hard to resist the idea this could be obstruction of justice. It's not an easy charge to prove because the key is motivation. But the fact that he even brought it up is troubling and something than no criminal defense attorney would want to have a client blurting out on TV.
How can it be obstruction of justice when the investigation is moving on, not on one, but THREE different fronts?

Every sane person knows that the firing of Comey in no way derails any investigations, especially within the FBI. Lord help us if the FBI were that fragile.

The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. As Comey himself stated, he can be fired for any reason, or no reason at all.

Trump is just messing with people's heads, again. He's a master at it. Someone like that is good to have around when dealing with nutty foreign powers.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #222
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Just a matter of time.
I think you said the same thing regarding Hillary's "inevitable" 2016 victory march...that didn't work out to swell, now did it?

Be careful out there...
Old 05-15-2017, 11:22 AM   #223
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
‘Our institutions are under assault internally’: James Clapper says Trump is a threat to the U.S. government
They should lock Trump up then, and charge him with treason. What are they waiting for?
Old 05-15-2017, 11:34 AM   #224
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
How can it be obstruction of justice when the investigation is moving on, not on one, but THREE different fronts?

Every sane person knows that the firing of Comey in no way derails any investigations, especially within the FBI. Lord help us if the FBI were that fragile.

The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. As Comey himself stated, he can be fired for any reason, or no reason at all.

Trump is just messing with people's heads, again. He's a master at it. Someone like that is good to have around when dealing with nutty foreign powers.
I think it's extremely unlikely that there was any direct coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign. Like sub 1% unlikely.

Nevertheless, if Trump's motivation in firing Comey was to derail the investigation, that meets the definition. It doesn't have to succeed to be obstruction. And there doesn't have to be an actual underlying crime.

Going on TV and stating explicitly that the investigation was among the reasons he fired Comey hands ammunition to anyone who wants to raise the arguement.

It was unwise.

Last edited by _______; 05-15-2017 at 11:41 AM.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2017, 11:37 AM   #225
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA
They should lock Trump up then, and charge him with treason. What are they waiting for?
Didn't I say "just a matter of time"?
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply