Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: My advertisement experience currently at PA is one of the following
I see ads in all the ad spaces almost all of the time 53 81.54%
I see ads in some of the ad spaces but blank spots quite often 6 9.23%
I only see ads every now & then, only for BetPTC, TimeFormUS, AmWager, Pace-View & Horsemen's Golf 3 4.62%
I use an ad-blocker so I don't see ads. (Please disable for PA if you do) 3 4.62%
Voters: 65. This poll is closed

Old 04-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #16
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Your Ginzu knives will arrive by Monday......
LOL - I still have (and use) a Ginzu from the early 1980s.

It really is that sharp. Tomatoes and cardboard.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2017, 07:24 AM   #17
sammy the sage

Too perfectly honest...have stopped visiting this site by 75%....takes almost a full minute to just open the front page...this place has become like yahoo/drf....too MANY ads that HAVE SLOWED it way down...

I know you need ads to keep it running....there's a fine line there somewhere...just my 2 cents worth....which don't pay the bills...
Old 04-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #18
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Mertz View Post
I went to ebay earlier today for the first time in forever to purchase an item for my car. Now I'm seeing Ebay adverts on here.
Yeah, those little people in the computer are watching me. They know where I've been, what I've shopped and what i'm looking at.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2017, 12:03 AM   #19
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Too perfectly honest...have stopped visiting this site by 75%....takes almost a full minute to just open the front page...this place has become like yahoo/drf....too MANY ads that HAVE SLOWED it way down...

I know you need ads to keep it running....there's a fine line there somewhere...just my 2 cents worth....which don't pay the bills...

Not my experience at all. Maybe clear the cache?
Old 04-23-2017, 12:22 AM   #20
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post

Old 04-25-2017, 09:02 PM   #21
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Did that..no help..also from a 2nd computer from another site..same thing...however...something FASCINATING....from my smart phone...zips right in...
Old 04-26-2017, 03:07 PM   #22
anotherCAfan

PA:

The ads are slowing down my Chrome so much, I am worried my machine will freeze.

I know you need the ads; I am not asking for them to go away. I wish they would permit me to contemporaneously listen to the radio and have open my email. Pages here on PA freeze until the ads have loaded.

Still love the site and thank you for all you do. Just wanted to see if anyone else's machine suffers performance issues because of the ads.

Thx.
anotherCAfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2017, 03:12 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherCAfan View Post
PA:

The ads are slowing down my Chrome so much, I am worried my machine will freeze.

I know you need the ads; I am not asking for them to go away. I wish they would permit me to contemporaneously listen to the radio and have open my email. Pages here on PA freeze until the ads have loaded.

Still love the site and thank you for all you do. Just wanted to see if anyone else's machine suffers performance issues because of the ads.

Thx.
There are the same number of ads on the website as there has been for many years now. I haven't added any extra ads...did this slowdown happen recently?

I use Chrome both at home and work and the site loads as fast as ever...in fact, the ads are set up in a way that they aren't supposed to interfere with the main web content loading...

Always make sure that you close Chrome by clicking the three vertical dots in the upper right of the Chrome window and selecting EXIT.

Simply clicking the red X to close the program will leave a lot of processes still running in my experience (unless they've cured this problem).

You can also try clearing your cache and deleting your browser cookies.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2017, 09:07 PM   #24
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
PA:

Thx.
I haven't experienced any slowdown. As a matter of fact, it's a lot faster than before the change. You may have something else going on.

Have you Defragmented lately?

If not expect over an hour.

I remember when I did on my XP, things in general improved not just this site.

I have both an old XP and a newer (2yo) machines and use Chrome on both.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2017, 01:11 AM   #25
Murph
Public Handicapper

A single ad cycled through recently that wanted to load a video with sound. I had the slo down effect for that one only. It has not popped up today.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2017, 03:01 PM   #26
anotherCAfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
There are the same number of ads on the website as there has been for many years now. I haven't added any extra ads...did this slowdown happen recently?

I use Chrome both at home and work and the site loads as fast as ever...in fact, the ads are set up in a way that they aren't supposed to interfere with the main web content loading...

Always make sure that you close Chrome by clicking the three vertical dots in the upper right of the Chrome window and selecting EXIT.

Simply clicking the red X to close the program will leave a lot of processes still running in my experience (unless they've cured this problem).

You can also try clearing your cache and deleting your browser cookies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post
I haven't experienced any slowdown. As a matter of fact, it's a lot faster than before the change. You may have something else going on.

Have you Defragmented lately?

If not expect over an hour.

I remember when I did on my XP, things in general improved not just this site.

I have both an old XP and a newer (2yo) machines and use Chrome on both.
Thank you both.

The website is rendering much quicker today. Maybe it was a full cache and too many browser cookies. (I clean those regularly.)

I did not know that Exit is better than the Red X. Thank you for that.
anotherCAfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2017, 04:24 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I did not know that Exit is better than the Red X. Thank you for that.
It definitely used to be...not sure if Google has improved that...they may have...I haven't really looked into it since I discovered the EXIT...lol
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2017, 10:15 PM   #28
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

Hey boss, 713pm here on the Pacific coast, and I am finding the site slower than any time since the upgrade. It has taken several seconds for threads to open. Other sites, etc seem to be working fine.
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: