Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-21-2017, 07:53 PM   #16
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

You truly believe this stuff.

Amazing.
You're really on a TROLL FLY roll, aren't you??
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2017, 08:34 PM   #17
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
This is a serious question and I am interested in honest answers and a polite discussion. My liberal girlfriend gave me her reasoning which I thought was rather unique. I will be curious if someone matches her thoughts. I blame the current chaos on just getting over having the "great divider" as president for 8 years and the liberal media fanning the flames. I didn't see millions of protesters in the streets when Obama was re-elected and I know plenty of people like me were as disgusted with him as Democrats are with Trump. What does everyone else think?
First and foremost, Obama received almost 5 million votes more than Romney got in 2012. What could people protest about when somebody wins by that many votes? in 2016 Clinton wins by almost 3 million votes but Donny is magically crowned king. Of course, people are more pissed off. The country got screwed and the majority of Americans are already sick of listening to the real estate agent pitching his ridiculous proclamations. The guy is the proverbial House of Cards.

Secondly, your girlfriend sounds like a real fox!
Old 02-21-2017, 08:42 PM   #18
magwell

Why do you think most protesters and rioters are Democrats? It's a very simple answer and it's called a mental disorder....
Old 02-21-2017, 08:46 PM   #19
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
You're really on a TROLL FLY roll, aren't you??
Is it considered "bad taste" to troll the misinformed?
Old 02-21-2017, 08:51 PM   #20
letswastemoney

The media encourages it.

Paint Trump supporters as Nazis, and if people believe it, it will be hard for them to feel bad if they burn down the car of a perceived far right-wing "Nazi."
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2017, 08:54 PM   #21
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Is it considered "bad taste" to troll the misinformed?
Why, I don't know......seems like everybody is misinformed, lately.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2017, 08:54 PM   #22
Murph
Public Handicapper

Quote:
I didn't see millions of protesters in the streets when Obama was re-elected and I know plenty of people like me were as disgusted with him as Democrats are with Trump. What does everyone else think?
What I did and many others like me, was to go to work within the political system. In 2010 I ran unopposed for the republican precinct committeeman position in my district. I appointed a vice committeeman and we began running our polling place. I speak to my neighbors and make certain our conservative views are represented on city/county councils and commissions. My friends and I have worked very hard to prevent another Clinton presidency. It seems by recent voting results that millions of others have done much of the same things all over our country.

It is no wonder conservatives expended little energy protesting our previous fate, rather using our energy to make our voices heard again.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #23
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

You truly believe this stuff.

Amazing.
What is even more amazing is your naivete! Why would you think that the U.S. government is immune to a political or military coups? This is is precisely what we're witnessing with the radical left in and out of politics; and why they are so desperately and frantically trying to delegitimize Trump. They're scared to death that Trump will succeed in implementing his agenda and in so doing gain even more popularity in 2020 than he enjoys now. Plus the Dems are also frightened that they'll lose even more seats in the mid-terms, since they don't have a positive platform on which to run.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #24
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
What is even more amazing is your naivete! Why would you think that the U.S. government is immune to a political or military coups? This is is precisely what we're witnessing with the radical left in and out of politics; and why they are so desperately and frantically trying to delegitimize Trump. They're scared to death that Trump will succeed in implementing his agenda and in so doing gain even more popularity in 2020 than he enjoys now. Plus the Dems are also frightened that they'll lose even more seats in the mid-terms, since they don't have a positive platform on which to run.
My feeling is that the democrats are counting on Trump's performance over the next 4 years to supply them with all the "platform" that they'll need for 2020. This strategy worked well for the republicans in 2016...NO? Not to mention the democrats in 2008.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:27 PM   #25
fast4522

Quote:
My feeling is that the democrats are counting on Trump's performance over the next 4 years to supply them with all the "platform" that they'll need for 2020. This strategy worked well for the republicans in 2016...NO? Not to mention the democrats in 2008.
Your sharper than half the liberals here because instead of a comeback loaded with puke, yours tend to have some flair or have some witty zing. The only fail is your scoring, like the fact liberals lost the last 3 cycles. So what the democrats are hoping to do is stop the bleeding. Now your smart enough to project the odds of them stopping the bleeding does not look promising, the question is if you will post what you project or just take time off?
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2017, 09:32 PM   #26
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Simple - Republicans/Conservatives feel themselves to be creatures of privilege, either economically, socially, or whatever. As such, they tend to be happy with the status quo, and don't want to rock the boat (rise of the Tea Party an outlier event).

Dems/Libs are denizens of the world of "lack of privilege," whether real or imagined. As such, they feel obligated to protest everything to achieve what they call "a level playing field" (no such thing, of course).
Maybe it's just because THEY LIVE IN LA LA LAND and have no tether to reality. And most don't know what it means to take care of themselves and rely on handout and coddling.

And mostly, because most of them are just not civilized.

Last edited by Tom; 02-21-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2017, 09:33 PM   #27
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
This is a serious question and I am interested in honest answers and a polite discussion. My liberal girlfriend gave me her reasoning which I thought was rather unique. I will be curious if someone matches her thoughts. I blame the current chaos on just getting over having the "great divider" as president for 8 years and the liberal media fanning the flames. I didn't see millions of protesters in the streets when Obama was re-elected and I know plenty of people like me were as disgusted with him as Democrats are with Trump. What does everyone else think?
Every revolution starts with those who are discontented and believe either the power structure is corrupt, impenetrable, or simply the vehicle for those on top to get richer and more powerful. Pick a revolution. Robin Hood. The French Proletariat. Red October. Newark, Detroit, Watts. The great student uprisings of the late 1960's and early 1970's. BLM. They are people who believe they would their agenda would never get implemented by the aristocracy. If they resort to a more violent means, it is based on a belief, right or wrong, that they don't have a real voice in the political system. They will not be listened to unless they act in extremes. They don't have the power of words on their side. It's comical to think that "the left" was in charge during the eight years Obama was president. The Democrats had two years where they were in charge. We got Obamacare and that pretty much shot the Dems wad. The other six years the Republicans brought the government to a crawl. Obama resorted to executive orders and the PA wing nuts went bananas. Things like shooting down Merrick Garland's nomination was proof to the left that they were, in their minds, powerless. It is also comical to think that mainstream Democrats represent the left. They are just the middle-class of the aristocracy. Other than Joe Biden who apparently couldn't figure out how to leave office a billionaire, they are just the rich guys who feel guilty about having all the money and want to share the government's money with the poor.

Did Prince John march against the Merry Men? Louis XVI march against the proletariat? Czar Nicholas march against the Bolsheviks? Richard Nixon march against the Yippies? The closest we've seen is the Tea Party, who were at least angry and demonstrative (c'mon, you remember the videos at the Town Hall meetings).

Those with the power and the money don't need to demonstrate, violently or otherwise. They need to pacify, maybe subjugate. Their ideal is the status quo. What the hell do they need to protest against?

Whey you ain't got nothin' you got nothin' to lose
Bob Dylan

Last edited by HalvOnHorseracing; 02-21-2017 at 09:37 PM.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You really have no clue, do you?
You think that gang of street turds out there will ever amount to anything?
You think conservatives are a bunch of rich people trying to protect their off-shore accounts?

Pity our educational system has failed so badly.

Hint - we just HAD a revolution, and guess who won it?
The street turds were bought and paid for by Soros, not repressed people looking to find justice.
The people looking for justice were deplorables.

But your attitude only makes me smile, because it show that the left still has no clue why they lost.

Last edited by Tom; 02-21-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2017, 09:52 PM   #29
davew

Quote:
I don't think the dems can slow congress down enough down so that nothing gets accomplished - the only hope is if a couple (R) members in senate keep demmng their votes. The only chance is if the dems hate what is done so much, they get out 110% of their vote.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2017, 09:57 PM   #30
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You really have no clue, do you?
You think that gang of street turds out there will ever amount to anything?
You think conservatives are a bunch of rich people trying to protect their off-shore accounts?

Pity our educational system has failed so badly.

Hint - we just HAD a revolution, and guess who won it?
The street turds were bought and paid for by Soros, not repressed people looking to find justice.
The people looking for justice were deplorables.

But your attitude only makes me smile, because it show that the left still has no clue why they lost.
Had someone with an IQ above room temperature made those comments I might be concerned.

Had you thought about it a minute, your "revolution" had exactly the characteristics I mentioned. They were disaffected. Disconnected. Voiceless. Powerless. Pushed to the side. Donnie Dimburger gave them a voice, or at least they thought he did. You're not too sharp if you don't understand that the world is run by those with the power and the money. Look who your messiah appointed to his cabinet. More billionaires than attend Crown Prince Salman's birthday party. Who do you think benefits the most from Trump's infrastructure idea. The banks. Huge windfall for them since they'll be supplying a lot of the financing. Why do you think the immigration reforms aren't going to be what Trump sold you in the campaign? Because the people with the money don't like the idea, and the people with the money control the people who vote in the Congress. Talk about naive.

The "left" knows exactly why they lost and they know exactly why Trump won. They just think you jokers got taken as much as they did.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply