Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Old 09-18-2005, 11:08 PM   #46
46zilzal
velocitician

give it time

folks come by all the time to PREACH to the rest of us POOR ignorant fools, then they get tired of it and thankfully leave.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2005, 11:23 PM   #47
midnight

Tote Master: Are you putting words into my mouth? I don't see your name or your website mentioned anywhere in the post you quoted. You're making assumptions, which is the same thing you're accusing others of doing.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2005, 11:43 PM   #48
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Is it me or has this thread become PA's version of " I've Got a Secret "?
"$5 down, we move to Kitty Carlisle."
"Do you wear a uniform on your job?"
Old 09-18-2005, 11:56 PM   #49
Tote Master
Veteran

Quote:
46zilzal
folks come by all the time to PREACH to the rest of us POOR ignorant fools, then they get tired of it and thankfully leave.
Tell me, how do you PREACH to the CHOIR?

And by the way, thanks for your previous comment!
You’re right I am getting a bit tired, but not to fret you guys can go on singing to your hearts content and then pat each other on the back for good measure.
Quote:
Tom
"$5 down, we move to Kitty Carlisle."
"Do you wear a uniform on your job?"
You’re right! Will the REAL Singer please stand up?!

Its been fun and Lots of Luck whatever approach you use!
Tote Master is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2005, 01:42 AM   #50
Tom Barrister
Veteran

Using your exact quotes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tote Master
Please don’t think that the “people putting on the show” are surviving in this game by winning just the purse monies!
Many of them are doing just that. Most owners are in it for the thrill, prestige, fun, or such. Most didn't get involved in it to make money.
They pay the trainer a monthly fee. Most owners either don't bet or don't bet enough to affect the pools. Most trainers either don't bet or don't bet enough to affect the pools.

Quote:
The “Write-off’s” are usually groups or syndicates that use their involvement in horse racing as just that: A tax write-off.
Do you think think that they can deduct 100% of the losses from their taxes? They might be able to deduct it from their income. That means that they only save the 15-38% they would have paid in tax. They lose the other 62-85%.

Quote:
Remember the animal doesn’t even know it exists. In training, all it knows how to do is eat, sleep and run.
That's not close to being true. Horses are much more complex than that. It's obvious that you've never spent much time on the backside of the track. Ask almost any trainer.

Quote:
The “Wagering” are those that make up the majority of owners, who fill most of the race cards at every track. These people bet on their charges (and others) in order to survive in this game, and it’s no surprise considering the costs of keeping an animal in proper training and care.
Not close to the majority. Not even 10% of the owners bet with the purpose of "surviving." Most of that 10% are both owner and trainer. Most of those "survive" by working as assistants for larger barns. Most of the owners "survive" by working at their career job, which is very rarely in the racing industry. Their real life jobs pay the bills for their horse racing diversion as owners. Again, it's obvious that you've never spent much time with horsemen or around the barns.

Quote:
I'll just add some more insight to Mr. Ainsile’s expression by saying “Inside information is for the sparrows, but Inside money is for the hawks”.
Since you've proven that you have no idea about stables, owners, or the backstretch, it's obvious that your "inside money" theories are full of holes. No substance. Not rooted in reality. You're exposed as a fraud.

You may now twist everything I said around and say the opposite---that's your game plan, right?
Tom Barrister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2005, 10:48 AM   #51
the little guy

On a slightly divergent note, and more towards the less exciting topic of this thread, I actually have a great horse racing related book to suggest. It's called " Seeing is Forgetting the Name of the Thing One Sees: A Life of Contemporary Artist Robert Irwin ". I know, you think I'm kidding, but I'm not. His story is great, and he's a serious horseplayer ( I think he's at the tracks in California fairly often ) as well as world famous artist. A lot of the book is about racing and his theories on horseplaying ( believe me, he got it WAY before most people did. He was far ahead of his time ).

You can order it through Amazon. I highly recommend it.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2005, 10:36 PM   #52
ezpace
Veteran

Talking PA's own Bill CUllen

is supposed to be in this thread.
ezpace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2005, 10:58 PM   #53
ezpace
Veteran

Wink Bill Cullen

could teach TOTE MASTER about handling rejection and maybe make him see the light and adopt all Bill's systems as for his own,, as the REST OF US did with this tried and tested method at this site..
ezpace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: