Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-29-2023, 05:47 PM   #151
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You just can't read worth a shit can you?

What losing methods areyou lying about now?

I said I used the DATA from the book, there are no methods in it.

Just like you lie about having a better satabase than Ken Masa, you lie about this. Lying comes very easy to you it seems.
You do it so often.

I am not surprised the book was over your head.....you are a very small person.

Ta ta
Exhibit A of an insane post. Tom is practically yelling at me and calling me a liar saying in the bolded part, "there are no methods in it".

In RR's quote of BM, Barry says:

"The 445-page Skeptical Handicapper not includes dozens of computer studies (the vast majority by Ken Massa of HTR) on many handicapping topics, but also my views on various handicapping methods and topics based on my more than twenty years of playing full-time"

And I'm the liar? I'm the one who can't read "shit"?

Last edited by Light; 03-29-2023 at 05:49 PM.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2023, 05:49 PM   #152
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
See post 46.
See post 150
Old 03-29-2023, 05:55 PM   #153
Light
Veteran

He's the one that keeps attacking me. I don't even bother responding to him because he has no substance.
Old 03-29-2023, 06:22 PM   #154
headhawg
crusty old guy

"Keeps attacking." Seriously. Get over yourself ya big whiner. You have now written that I am stupid, have no substance, and implied that I am trash. Don't play the innocent card. Nobody is buying it anymore except maybe for members who are just like you.

And don't respond; save the storage space.
Old 03-29-2023, 07:54 PM   #155
CheckMark

Quote:
Try to read with more comprehension then you will save me some time explaining things to you.

I didn't say "everyone" I said "some".

I never labeled you insane. It's the ones that go berserk with name calling that are insane. Show me where I called anyone a derogatory name. I can show you the ones who called me plenty of names. Why do you defend that kind of low level of behavior? Aren't you better than that? It's your call.

Defend trash and you will become trash. Put others down and you will stay down. That's why I do not reciprocate their behavior. You'll learn.

I didn't pick arguments with anyone. I disagreed with them and challenged them to honor their own words of what they learned from the book. They picked arguments with me finding it offensive that I asked them what they learned. A dead giveaway that they learned nothing.
I am still learning how to process difficult decisions in my life and I do apologize if I was out of line here

Still, there was no need to go back and forth with someone over a summary of a book

In life be proud of your review and don't let anyone change it

If someone disagrees just don't take 11 pages to find a solution or final answer
Old 03-29-2023, 09:16 PM   #156
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Which side are you for?
I'll take Peace for $1000, Ken.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:25 AM   #157
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
I am still learning how to process difficult decisions in my life and I do apologize if I was out of line here

Still, there was no need to go back and forth with someone over a summary of a book

In life be proud of your review and don't let anyone change it

If someone disagrees just don't take 11 pages to find a solution or final answer
I wasn't looking for an apology from you or anyone else. But Kudos to you for that.

But its not me who "took 11 pages to find a solution". Takes 2 or more to tango. They could never answer the question of "what did you learn from this book" and still can't. They are the ones who got themselves all worked up. Not my problem.
Old 03-30-2023, 12:35 AM   #158
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
"Keeps attacking." Seriously. Get over yourself ya big whiner. You have now written that I am stupid, have no substance, and implied that I am trash. Don't play the innocent card. Nobody is buying it anymore except maybe for members who are just like you.

And don't respond; save the storage space.
You keep confirming that you have no substance with your own words. You come from a dark place, like a black hole. Your heart is empty. Your satisfaction is to make others miserable because you are. Hopefully,one day you find peace.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:00 AM   #159
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Exhibit

And I'm the liar? I'm the one who can't read "shit"?

Yes, that correct.

But wait, there's more........
Old 03-30-2023, 09:11 AM   #160
formula_2002
what an easy game.

As I read through the book, my opinion is that it is an honest approach to handicapping. It is definitely trying to keep you out of the sand traps. I don't know if it will get you to the greens (golf links and Franklins )

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2023, 10:06 AM   #161
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
You keep confirming that you have no substance with your own words. You come from a dark place, like a black hole. Your heart is empty. Your satisfaction is to make others miserable because you are. Hopefully,one day you find peace.
Oh gawd... Stop being so sanctimonious; this act of yours is nauseating. People see through it and that bothers you because you see yourself as some kind of gift to mankind, The Enlightened One. Are you some kind of scientologist? For someone so "enlightened" you sure are short on self-awareness. If you want, I can recommend some books to help you with that. Oh, sorry. Forget that. Bad idea to recommend a book to you.

You're right. It does take two. I was ready to stop but you can't resist posting your butthurt crap. You know nothing about me, so quit playing pop psychologist and STFU.
Old 03-30-2023, 10:57 AM   #162
classhandicapper

Can we go back to discussing the advantages and limitations of database studies like this that give us actual data on all our handicapping questions as opposed to the biased and error prone trial and error learning of book writers and handicappers like us from decades ago?

It's actually a great subject.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 03-30-2023 at 10:58 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2023, 11:29 AM   #163
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Can we go back to discussing the advantages and limitations of database studies like this that give us actual data on all our handicapping questions as opposed to the biased and error prone trial and error learning of book writers and handicappers like us from decades ago?

It's actually a great subject.
I think the answer is obvious. Contrary to what some gullible people think, there are no "answers" that can be found in handicapping books. There are only questions and opinions about those questions. Books like Barry Meadow's allow those of us who don't use vast databases to figure out for ourselves how reliable our handicapping opinions really are.

Last edited by thaskalos; 03-30-2023 at 11:31 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2023, 11:40 AM   #164
thaskalos

If someone feels that his handicapping opinions are already "rock-solid"... then Barry's book would obviously be a waste of time for him. But that's not me...even though I have been handicapping for 40+ years. So...for me the book was worthwhile.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:59 AM   #165
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Databasesc and studies such as this are just tools. How each of us uses them is what matters.