Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-09-2021, 05:03 PM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

The truth hurts and will very soon KILL

https://www.ipcc.ch/report/sixth-ass...rking-group-i/

António Guterres, the UN secretary general, warned: “[This report] is a code red for humanity. The alarm bells are deafening, and the evidence is irrefutable: greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuel burning and deforestation are choking our planet and putting billions of people at immediate risk.”
Old 08-09-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 08-09-2021, 05:52 PM   #3
46zilzal
velocitician

No mass ignorance mixed with apathy...The old mantra I heard all the time from patients: "Well IT won't happen to ME!"

I used to ask, mostly insulin dependent diabetics, why they though that and of course they had no discernable response that made a lick of medical sense.

Reality is. You can take the route of the stupid alternative facts all you want but you are simply deluding yourself
Old 08-09-2021, 05:52 PM   #4
Marshall Bennett

The earth is of a universal order. Man has nothing to do with any of it.
Climate change is politics and has nothing to do with science. A far-left liberal scientist will convince you monsters exist.
Anyone truly worried about the climate is a fool.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2021, 05:55 PM   #5
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

António Guterres, the UN secretary general, warned: “[This report] is a code red for humanity. The alarm bells are deafening, and the evidence is irrefutable: greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuel burning and deforestation are choking our planet and putting billions of people at immediate risk.”
Grasshopper, you have learned well from Master hcap.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2021, 05:58 PM   #6
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
The earth is of a universal order. Man has nothing to do with any of it.
Climate change is politics and has nothing to do with science. A far-left liberal scientist will convince you monsters exist.
Anyone truly worried about the climate is a fool.
Mankind has EVERYTHING to do with it as we are overwhelming the carrying capacity of the planet to absorb all our destructive behavior.

Quote from Wiki:
he carrying capacity of an environment is the maximum population size of a biological species that can be sustained by that specific environment, given the food, habitat, water, and other resources available. The carrying capacity is defined as the environment's maximal load, which in population ecology corresponds to the population equilibrium, when the number of deaths in a population equals the number of births (as well as immigration and emigration). The effect of carrying capacity on population dynamics is modelled with a logistic function. Carrying capacity is applied to the maximum population an environment can support in ecology, agriculture and fisheries.

I took class called population genetics and ecology and thought at the time, THOSE major changes in the earth, IF THEY EVER HAPPEN, won't be for another century if we are FOOL enough to carry on the way were are in light of how our living is destroying habitat, destroying genetic diversity, over fishing or seas, polluting out rivers streams and oceans with crap that does not breakdown etc.

The Zero Population Growth organization wised me up LONG ago as did my graduate studies in toxicology
Old 08-09-2021, 06:03 PM   #7
OntheRail

Quote:

I'm old enough to remember when these frauds where scream from the roof tops "We're going to freeze to death. Global temps are dropping... whole in the Ozone. So Piss off... chicken little.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:03 PM   #8
boxcar

Quote:
Mankind has EVERYTHING to do with it as we are overwhelming the carrying capacity of the planet to absorb all our destructive behavior.

Quote from Wiki:
he carrying capacity of an environment is the maximum population size of a biological species that can be sustained by that specific environment, given the food, habitat, water, and other resources available. The carrying capacity is defined as the environment's maximal load, which in population ecology corresponds to the population equilibrium, when the number of deaths in a population equals the number of births (as well as immigration and emigration). The effect of carrying capacity on population dynamics is modelled with a logistic function. Carrying capacity is applied to the maximum population an environment can support in ecology, agriculture and fisheries.

I took class called population genetics and ecology and thought at the time, THOSE major changes in the earth, IF THEY EVER HAPPEN, won't be for another century if we are FOOL enough to carry on the way were are in light of how our living is destroying habitat, destroying genetic diversity, over fishing or seas, polluting out rivers streams and oceans with crap that does not breakdown etc.

The Zero Population Growth organization wised me up LONG ago as did my graduate studies in toxicology
Cry me a river. Meanwhile, go hide in your safe room and cuddle up to your fear.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:51 PM   #9
Rex Phinney

46 is on fear mongering level 1,000 today.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2021, 06:52 PM   #10
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Cry me a river. Meanwhile, go hide in your safe room and cuddle up to your fear.
Come on Boxcar, that is where his internet connection is already.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2021, 07:02 PM   #11
boxcar

And here's another crazy thing about these covid/climate change panic-stricken, fear mongers, folks: Co2 is killing the planet, right? Far, far too much Co2. We must reduce our carbon footprint, no matter what, right? But now with covid, there's zero concern about anyone exposing themselves to too much of their own carbon dioxide, right? Kids should mask up all day in schoolrooms. Kids are resilient. They'll get over it, etc. Carbon dioxide isn't a big deal any longer when it comes to individuals -- only when it comes to the planet. Funny how that works, heh? Co2 is only dangerous...sometimes.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:06 PM   #12
tbwinner

Stop blaming the individuals. Why don't you go after those big carbon producing mega corps? Oh wait they're democrat donors so they are untouchable
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2021, 07:07 PM   #13
tbwinner

You should be happy. I thought COVID was going to cure this by depopulation.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2021, 07:11 PM   #14
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
You should be happy. I thought COVID was going to cure this by depopulation.
Yup, there's that little inconsistency, too.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:21 PM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Then why do we allow John Kerry to continue to fly his jet?

When will the danger become immediate enough that YOU will call out our leaders who do not walk the walk and lead by example?

*Until then,