Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 12:50 PM   #1
wiretowire68

Private Message I recieved

"Your a real sad case! loser horseplayer who wants to take free pdf pp's and make them data files! always looking to bum some pp's off somebody! You’re not smart enough to win with ValueCapper! my mommy has Paypal..."

So, this is the message I received in my private inbox from somebody on here calling himself Pace Man. I would like to share why I put up a message of gratitude regarding the free pp's and the fact that I do not sit behind my computer and hide. The fact is online everyone trolls as they say but it is how you troll.

The fact is I choose to disagree with people and their opinions is just that.. opinions or conversation or semantics. Part of the problems with forums and social medias today and where words are used as weapons is probably why one of the biggest reasons society has lost its marbles and the true sense of the fact that people have feelings, not all jokes are funny and real sentiment. How can love and hate be conveyed unless you know who the real person is.

The message above I will admit hurt but "that is me" I do appreciate what people do and say to help. This is a public response to someone whom I have no idea who they are and that is fine. I offered to sell him my product for my own reasons. I thought I would respond to this publicly to convey a point about attitude, meanness, wisdom and thoughtlessness.

-First of All... I do not know of any horseplayer who has not lost in their time.
(That would mean if you never have lost gambling or lost a race, that would be considered a loss) If you have never lost, then you must have Biff in "Back to the Future # 2, you know he finds the book of all the winners in sports history and then goes back to his time and changes the past thus making him the most powerful man in Las Vegas.
-I did not bum pp's "I simply asked and again, the kindness of people showed they share, if they did not want to share, they would have never attached for "EVERYONE TO USE"

I offered to sell Valuecapper under my terms. What I did not have to sell it you and I do not have to tell you the truth on whether I have Pay Pal or not.
I offered it reasonably. If this person is mad because I would not sell it, then I suggest go to the site, purchase it for the full price if they are that upset about not selling it.
Oh that I am Canadian and I did not realize that other countries say "the U.S.A. does not do e-transfers.
If the person really wanted it, would they offer another to way to pay...in terms of trust and not scam...i.e. a phone #, personal e-mail. I am the seller not the buyer. How about a certified check, a money order or Western Union. (Like I said to whoever, the product is useless unless you change the license with Post Time and Valuecapper)

-I have won with it and I have lost with it... Software is no guarantee of anything.. If you believe Pizzolla won all the time with it, then you are nuts because he did not.. It took him years to become a successful player.

Finally pps to data files.. so what, I can do with them what I want.. I can read a racing form, I can input the data into a spreadsheet and convert, the comment makes absolutely no sense and If I choose to do this, it seems somebody or someone is rather nosy or perhaps knows me personally.

What is wrong with learning how to convert a csv file to your own idea of handicapping... ???????? CONFUSED ON THAT RESPONSE. I never realized inputting one's data was a crime. Oh ya.. to this person.. I purchased Valuecapper to structure my handicapping, to stop being looking over my should with reading the form. And to understand others success as a player.. Maybe I am not there yet, but with age comes wisdom and I have had some successes software and without. I also bought it because I read the man's book, so I wanted to understand Pace and new angles and to learn how a man became successful. That is the end of my rant.. the person who said this??? why don't you send me your e-mail address or your phone number or I will send you mine... ????
Old 04-29-2024, 01:57 PM   #2
djm1959

I live for free pps and free stuff online..

why pay if its free with some investigating

my best way to win big is playing numbers that match my family birthdays and similar

using most forms doesn't help but ifitsfreeitsforme I want it!!

don't forget names of family,, friends towns etc....

hit 50-1 that way, never will with pps normally

I'm in my 60s so I like a good deal

betting since 73....
Old 04-29-2024, 02:16 PM   #3
headhawg
crusty old guy

Just in case my other reply wasn't clear enough...

https://www.healthline.com/health/me...eking-behavior
Old 04-29-2024, 02:22 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Can you please start 10 more threads about various aspects of your life?

It's so interesting

With that said, people should not be sending mean-spirited private messages.

At least have the balls to write it out publicly...lol
Old 04-29-2024, 02:22 PM   #5
wiretowire68

Thanks J

the point was, the person made a very senseless and really put no thought into the response about a legitimate offer. To take a personal shot at someone for their own kicks or joke is very unclassy as far my way of interpretation of a comment because of a pay pal account. The point was simple, people are very helpful on here and many people help each other out with ideas on the game of horse racing and even life itself.

It is wishful thinking that there is no need to make such a callous comment or a personal shot over the sale of a product or how they do things to me is very typical of what "A mean troll is" It seems to me the person was never interested but the comments about free pp's or making your own files. I mean really.. man talk about maturity or no class. WOW... Yes.. if someone is willing to share, NITRO and others.. I would too... I share what I like, I tweet my picks sometimes.. I show if I win or lose... Oh well.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:24 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm1959 View Post
why pay if its free with some investigating
Absolutely agree

No need to pay for something if you can get it for free...legally of course
Old 04-29-2024, 02:25 PM   #7
wiretowire68

Can you

maybe moderate people like these who throw personal insults that are not called for.. I believe in freedom of speech in all. I thought this was suppose to be a friendly forum on horse racing... As far if that is a joke.. lol...
Old 04-29-2024, 02:26 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
maybe moderate people like these who throw personal insults that are not called for.. I believe in freedom of speech in all. I thought this was suppose to be a friendly forum on horse racing... As far if that is a joke.. lol...
I can't moderate private messages...as they are private

You can always send me a private message letting me know someone sent you a nasty private message.

If they do it again, I will ban them.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:27 PM   #9
wiretowire68

excellent

More people should read this.. I am not seeking attention. I just believe in manors.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:29 PM   #10
wiretowire68

You learn something everyday

Thank you.. I would imagine the person will not respond now. Geez, I would still sell it to them if they would do it any other way but Pay Pal.. LOL
Old 04-29-2024, 02:34 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Well. the sender has never made a single post since joining in Jan 2023.

But going with the idea that this place is aout handicapping, the operative word in Private Messages is Private. Yet there two threads about it.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:42 PM   #12
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
More people should read this.. I am not seeking attention. I just believe in manors.
I believe in good spellers, what's your point? In general the members of PA are helpful. I have learned a lot from others and I give back when I can. But your incessant whining about other people without controlling yourself is annoying to say the least. You started several threads about selling your software, you announced that you were leaving PA, you continually ask for help, and yet you give nothing back except complaints. You need more self-awareness before you start criticizing others.

And yes -- I think you're an attention-seeker with a touch of Asberger's.

Last edited by headhawg; 04-29-2024 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-29-2024, 03:23 PM   #13
lefty359

With a few exceptions I blve most here are pretty damn nice and helpful
Old 04-29-2024, 03:38 PM   #14
wiretowire68

Incessant whining. I see why you call yourself snarky. I will take the "mean spirited comment under advisement and use it as personal advice in the future if I sound like I am complaining or whining if you consider that whining. Thanks for the advice and will be very careful in the choosing of my words just for you so that they are not misconstrued as whining. My apologies if I offended your reading skills in terms whining.

I would consider whining to say. man......why is the racetrack so expensive.....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. or why is the price of gas so expensive whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Or why is Snarky so Snarky to people...........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh _Go F yourself pal.
Old 04-29-2024, 03:47 PM   #15
wiretowire68

P.S.

Mr. Snarky...thanks for proving my point.
Closed Thread