Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-08-2019, 08:59 PM   #46
HalvOnHorseracing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,162
[quote=boxcar;2450552]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Let me give you some good advice. Take your time, think it through, and then post something that is at least 2% worth of sense.

All we can be sure of is the moment at hand. But don't you at least wonder if the end of days by fire has something to do with the sun extinguishing?

Here's something really interesting.

Because of the finite speed of light*, when you gaze up into the night sky, you are looking into the past. The bright star Sirius is 8.6 light years away. That means the light hitting your eye tonight has been traveling for 8.6 years. Put another way: When you look at Sirius tonight, you see it as it was 8.6 years ago.

No, it doesn't make me wonder. I know how it will end.

Now, permit me to return the favor of good advice: Quit posting predictions after you tell us that nobody knows "when" in one breath but then give us a number for "when" in the next. One could get the impression you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. We already have enough partcipants in this thread doing that without your company.

I believe The Creator is faster than anything He created.
First, I have posted no prediction. That is your venue. Cosmologists have made a calculation with respect to the life of the sun (and thereby the life of the earth). How do you not understand that the fuel in a star is finite, and that in approximately 5 billion years, we all fry? Well we'll be long gone, but whoever is there.

You have such trouble comprehending. I said we can't tell when we might destroy the earth through war or environmental poisoning, or some other catastrophe. That has nothing to do with the end of the yellow sun.

Hey, maybe Superman is faster than the speed of light. Or the Flash. Or the Starship Enterprise. What these things have in common with your assertion is that they are fables, fairy tales, not real. We're talking about things in the tangible world. You can send us all a sign from the hereafter letting us know just how fast God is. I sure don't remember the Bible documenting any footraces between Jesus and your regular humans.

It's probably my fault for writing things over your head.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 09:20 PM   #47
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,826
[quote=HalvOnHorseracing;2450580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post

First, I have posted no prediction. That is your venue. Cosmologists have made a calculation with respect to the life of the sun (and thereby the life of the earth). How do you not understand that the fuel in a star is finite, and that in approximately 5 billion years, we all fry? Well we'll be long gone, but whoever is there.
Well....many people don't understand what your cosmologists do. Take our resident scientist, for example. He believes the universe is eternal.

I, on the other hand, do understand the universe is finite -- had a beginning and will have an end. However, I don't believe it will be as predicted by your cosmologists.

Quote:
You have such trouble comprehending. I said we can't tell when we might destroy the earth through war or environmental poisoning, or some other catastrophe. That has nothing to do with the end of the yellow sun.
That is not what you wrote. ONCE AGAIN:

Quote:
Nobody knows when the end will come, but the sun goes to a red giant in five billion years. I'm thinking that might just be the time to start worrying about the end.
Doesn't look like you were concerned with environmental poisoning, wars or any other catastrophe. Seems to me that you have difficulty comprehending your own posts!

Quote:
Hey, maybe Superman is faster than the speed of light. Or the Flash. Or the Starship Enterprise. What these things have in common with your assertion is that they are fables, fairy tales, not real. We're talking about things in the tangible world. You can send us all a sign from the hereafter letting us know just how fast God is. I sure don't remember the Bible documenting any footraces between Jesus and your regular humans.
What assertion? That the Creator is infinitely greater than anything he created, including light and it's speed? God isn't real? God is a fable?

Quote:
It's probably my fault for writing things over your head.
I think your real fault is that you write things over your own head and you wind up drowning in your own buffoonery.

Enjoy your evening, sir.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 10:33 PM   #48
Actor
Librocubicularist
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
God isn't real? God is a fable?
__________________
Sapere aude
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 07:22 AM   #49
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
You mean...you're not going to straighten Mr. Halv about how mistaken he is about a finite universe and burnt out suns?
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 09:29 AM   #50
hcap
Registered User
 
hcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 30,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
In my brilliant analogy of fishing in a flowing stream, do you think the stream flows because it's moving?

The very first two definitions in my W-W for the verb "flow" are these:

1 a (1) : to issue or MOVE in a stream (2) : CIRCULATE b : to MOVE with a continual change of place among the constituent particles *molasses flows slowly*

It's incredible just how slowly your mind moves -- kinda like molasses flowing up Mt Kilamanjaro in the dead of winter.

So...now that defeated you in your stupid and desperate game of semantics, let's get back to a spinless earth. How would that work out for this planet if it stopped spinning suddenly? Good? Poorly? Very Poorly? Extremely Bad? Or you just don't know?
I specifically asked you are you standing on the shores of the "river of time" watching it flow past you", post # 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Before we we go any further down your absurd rabbit hole bunky, first prove time "flows."

Are you standing on the shores of a "river" of time watching it flow past you?
So "flow" or "movement" is not proven, nor as obvious as you think, and your vague relationship with and everything around you with time, is not clear

Your "flowing stream" analogy puts you outside of getting wet. Absurd, we all get drenched.Thru and thru
__________________
The inmates have taken over the asylum.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #51
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I specifically asked you are you standing on the shores of the "river of time" watching it flow past you", post # 26
So "flow" or "movement" is not proven, nor as obvious as you think, and your vague relationship with and everything around you with time, is not clear

Your "flowing stream" analogy puts you outside of getting wet. Absurd, we all get drenched.Thru and thru
No, it doesn't. In the analogy we're both standing in the MOVING, FLOWING, STREAMING water. Bass fishing fishing is typically done in hipboots or in a boat on top of the water.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #52
hcap
Registered User
 
hcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 30,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
No, it doesn't. In the analogy we're both standing in the MOVING, FLOWING, STREAMING water. Bass fishing fishing is typically done in hipboots or in a boat on top of the water.
You are diverting your definition of flowing to fishing.

Let's drop your obsession with time since you refuse to debate it honestly

As usual
__________________
The inmates have taken over the asylum.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 01:14 PM   #53
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You are diverting your definition of flowing to fishing.

Let's drop your obsession with time since you refuse to debate it honestly

As usual
I'm not diverting anything. You're so dishonest, you refuse to debate honestly. My fishing in the stream analogy is ironclad, and you have no way to refute it, especially since I explained how chronology and logic is used with respect to events and time, respectively.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 01:36 PM   #54
hcap
Registered User
 
hcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 30,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I'm not diverting anything. You're so dishonest, you refuse to debate honestly. My fishing in the stream analogy is ironclad, and you have no way to refute it, especially since I explained how chronology and logic is used with respect to events and time, respectively.
No more time....for or with you.
__________________
The inmates have taken over the asylum.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 02:01 PM   #55
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
No more time....for or with you.
You forgot something:
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #56
Actor
Librocubicularist
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,200
Osiris

Osiris, Egyptian god of the underworld and judge of the dead, was a virgin born god of ancient Egypt. His sufferings, death and resurrection were celebrated in an annual mystery play on or about the time of the vernal equinox, i.e., Easter.

Amenhotep

Amenhotep III was hailed as the son of virgin Mutemua. The account of his birth parallels the account of the birth of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke.

Krishna

Krishna (Hindu) was born of the virgin Devaki.

His birth was heralded by a star.

He was born in a cave. According to the gospel of Protevangelion, Jesus was born in a cave.

At the time of Krishna's birth the cave was mysteriously illuminated. According to Protevangelion there was a great light in the cave and the eyes of Joseph and the midwife could not bear it.

Krisha spoke to his mother soon after his birth. According to Protevangelion Jesus spoke to Mary soon after his birth.

Krishna was born when his foster father Nanda was in the city to pay his tax to the king. Jesus was born when his foster father Joseph was in Bethlehem to pay his tax to the governor.

Krishna was adored by cowherds. Jesus was adored by shepherds.

King Kansa ordered the death of all male children born the same night as Krishna. Herod ordered the slaughter of the innocents.

Nanda was warned by a heavenly voice to flee with Krishna across the Jumna River to Gakul to escape King Kansa. Joseph was warned by a voice in a dream to flee to Egypt to escape King Herod.

Krishna was crucified. He is pictured in Indian art as hanging from a cross with arms extended.

Krishna was pierced by an arrow while hanging on the cross. Jesus was pierced by a spear.

The sky was darkened when Krishna died. The sky was darkened when Jesus died.

Krishna rose from the dead and ascended into heaven in the presence of spectators.

Krishna is the second person in the Hindu trinity: Brahma, Vishnu, Siva. Krishna was the human incarnation of Vishnu. Jesus is the second person of the Christian trinity: Father, Son, Holy Ghost.

Mithra

Mithra (Persian) was born of a virgin in a cave on December 25.

His worshipers were shepherds.

He traveled with 12 companions.

Mithraists celebrate the eucharist by eating wafers embellished with a cross.

Tammuz

Tammuz (Bablonian), a.k.a. Adonis, was born of a virgin.

Died a horrible death.

Rose from the dead and ascended into heaven.

Attis

Attis of Phrygia was called "the good shepherd."

Was born of the virgin Nana.

Died and was resurrected.

His resurrection was celebrated on or about the time of the vernal equinox, i.e., Easter.
__________________
Sapere aude
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 06:42 PM   #57
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Osiris

Osiris, Egyptian god of the underworld and judge of the dead, was a virgin born god of ancient Egypt. His sufferings, death and resurrection were celebrated in an annual mystery play on or about the time of the vernal equinox, i.e., Easter.

Amenhotep

Amenhotep III was hailed as the son of virgin Mutemua. The account of his birth parallels the account of the birth of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke.

Krishna

Krishna (Hindu) was born of the virgin Devaki.

His birth was heralded by a star.

He was born in a cave. According to the gospel of Protevangelion, Jesus was born in a cave.

At the time of Krishna's birth the cave was mysteriously illuminated. According to Protevangelion there was a great light in the cave and the eyes of Joseph and the midwife could not bear it.

Krisha spoke to his mother soon after his birth. According to Protevangelion Jesus spoke to Mary soon after his birth.

Krishna was born when his foster father Nanda was in the city to pay his tax to the king. Jesus was born when his foster father Joseph was in Bethlehem to pay his tax to the governor.

Krishna was adored by cowherds. Jesus was adored by shepherds.

King Kansa ordered the death of all male children born the same night as Krishna. Herod ordered the slaughter of the innocents.

Nanda was warned by a heavenly voice to flee with Krishna across the Jumna River to Gakul to escape King Kansa. Joseph was warned by a voice in a dream to flee to Egypt to escape King Herod.

Krishna was crucified. He is pictured in Indian art as hanging from a cross with arms extended.

Krishna was pierced by an arrow while hanging on the cross. Jesus was pierced by a spear.

The sky was darkened when Krishna died. The sky was darkened when Jesus died.

Krishna rose from the dead and ascended into heaven in the presence of spectators.

Krishna is the second person in the Hindu trinity: Brahma, Vishnu, Siva. Krishna was the human incarnation of Vishnu. Jesus is the second person of the Christian trinity: Father, Son, Holy Ghost.

Mithra

Mithra (Persian) was born of a virgin in a cave on December 25.

His worshipers were shepherds.

He traveled with 12 companions.

Mithraists celebrate the eucharist by eating wafers embellished with a cross.

Tammuz

Tammuz (Bablonian), a.k.a. Adonis, was born of a virgin.

Died a horrible death.

Rose from the dead and ascended into heaven.

Attis

Attis of Phrygia was called "the good shepherd."

Was born of the virgin Nana.

Died and was resurrected.

His resurrection was celebrated on or about the time of the vernal equinox, i.e., Easter.
Having a regurgitating fest, are we?
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #58
Actor
Librocubicularist
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Having a regurgitating fest, are we?
Just sharing the good news.
__________________
Sapere aude

Last edited by Actor; 04-09-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 07:13 PM   #59
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Just sharing the good news.
Only to those, who like dogs, enjoy returning to their vomit.
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2019, 07:20 PM   #60
hcap
Registered User
 
hcap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 30,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Having a regurgitating fest, are we?
The older Egyptian and Hindu myths preceded Christianity.

Much of these myths bounced around the ancient world intermixing and intermingling some basic themes.

Quote:
The Osiris myth reached its basic form in or before the 24th century BCE.

The Chandogya Upanishad, estimated to have been composed sometime between the 8th and 6th centuries BCE, has been another source of speculation regarding Krishna in ancient India.
__________________
The inmates have taken over the asylum.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.