Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 193 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM   #18571
boxcar

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Yeah, okay Boxcar. He meant small pet and not huge dog...and he only used that term because he couldn't find another way of explaining that his mission involved only saving the "lost sheep of Israel". And I'll bet that, if you take another couple days...you'll also come up with an explanation for his "pearls before swine" comment.

As I said...you can have Jesus. He clearly wasn't for me...so...I am not for him.

But of course, you missed the central point of the exchange which was...Jesus tested her. And the commentary I posted made an excellent point (which I originally missed) about how His encounter with her demonstrated the truth he taught in Lk 18:1-8. Here this woman was pleading with the Righteous Judge of all mankind, and he listened to her request and granted it to her because she persisted -- much to the chagrin, no doubt, to the disciples who wouldn't even talk such people!

In short, Mr. Thask, Jesus was far more of "sweetheart" to this Canaanite woman than any of his disciples would have been who would not have given this woman the time of day.
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM   #18572
thaskalos
The truth is out there...

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
But of course, you missed the central point of the exchange which was...Jesus tested her. And the commentary I posted made an excellent point (which I originally missed) about how His encounter with her demonstrated the truth he taught in Lk 18:1-8. Here this woman was pleading with the Righteous Judge of all mankind, and he listened to her request and granted it to her because she persisted -- much to the chagrin, no doubt, to the disciples who wouldn't even talk such people!

In short, Mr. Thask, Jesus was far more of "sweetheart" to this Canaanite woman than any of his disciples would have been who would not have given this woman the time of day.

Boxcar, your shtick doesn't work with me, because I've actually READ the bible. You called Jesus the "most likable fellow who ever lived"...even though you know damned well that he would be verbally abusive even to his own mother. Unless, that is, you consider sniping "Woman, what have I to do with thee?" to be a reasonable thing for a son to say to the mother who brought him into this world. Can you imagine how he must have talked to those who were more distant to him? Whenever he performed a "miracle, he was our "Lord and Savior"...but whenever he behaved like a jerk...he was just "testing us".

You Jesus apologists sicken me...

Last edited by thaskalos : Yesterday at 05:20 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply