Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-24-2021, 06:08 PM   #1
Half Smoke

takeout & breakage

looking at the linked chart from HANA it looks like NYRA tracks and Keeneland have the best deal on takeout. Woodbine has a better deal on WPS but bumps up the exacta take to 20.5%. I didn't really look at the extremes because I don't play them

the NYRA tracks and Woodbine give the best deal on breakage

Santa Anita has a a nice deal on WPS at 15.43% but bumps up the exacta take to 22.68% more than 4% higher than NYRA tracks

Churchill - not a great deal at all - 17.50% on WPS and 22% on exactas - 3.5% higher than NYRA tracks

comparing a NYRA track to Laurel:

NYRA - 16% WPS________Laurel - 18%

NYRA - 18.50% exacta___Laurel - 21%

Gulfstream- 17% - WPS - 20% exactas

NYRA has a better deal on breakage too

considering 2 players with equal abilities - one who focuses on NYRA tracks and the other who focuses on Gulfstream, Churchill and Laurel -

over time I would surmise that the better deal on NYRA tracks can make a quite significant difference

I very well may have missed something

http://www.horseplayersassociation.o...7Sortable.html

Old 10-24-2021, 06:41 PM   #2
sharkey11

SA HOL GG BM DMR all used to have lowest @ 15.25 i think and if the same players are getting rebates then it would even out im thinking but your right the lower the better for all
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2021, 08:13 PM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Don’t forget that Maryland has some in state taxes on exotics too. They are above and beyond the usual stuff.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2021, 08:17 PM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Looked up this old thread.

Might be worth a look

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=45655
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2021, 07:05 PM   #5
tbwinner

What rebate you get also affects where you play, or should...

For example I have an account with Premier turf club who does or used to advertise here. They don't have contracts with all the tracks but some they offer a good deal.
For example Parx has pretty high takeouts. 20% the exacta and 30% on Tris. However the PTC rebate is 7% on exacta and 10% on Tris. So it makes it competitive with other tracks that have a 1% rebate or one that I can only bet with Twinspires or whatever which rewards is miniscule, other than the free PPs.

When I have a day where I want to play a few tracks, I will make a $2 bet on TS to get the free PPs and then use PTC for my main wagering.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2021, 08:17 PM   #6
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

I very well may have missed something

Probably that HANA effectively died years ago, and that the list is quite outdated by now.

They could've made it if only they'd given touts on that low-takeout Hialeah disaster.
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2021, 09:44 PM   #7
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
Probably that HANA effectively died years ago, and that the list is quite outdated by now.
Twitter user @Epo13 (a Canadian resident) campaigns against the extra takeout HPIbet extracts over and above the takeout of US tracks.

He periodically posts an updated list (sourced from HPIbet) which shows how badly the Canadian bettors are taking it in the shorts on many pools (the red numbers are what Canadian bettors are dealing with), and while we're feeling sorry for them, we can use this great compiled chart to know where we're doing OK and where we get hurt.

This one is as of the end of May. It's not perfect (the newer pick 6 provisions shown for Aqueduct are not carried over to Belmont - which was running - and Saratoga - which was not yet running)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0077.jpg (387.5 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by BarchCapper; 10-25-2021 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Clarity
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply