Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-11-2021, 06:34 PM   #76
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Ummm...Churchill Downs is doing that for them. Be careful who you root for...you get lumped in with them.
I'm not rooting for anyone. I just want consistency. Let's see what Churchill does next time a trainer has a horse test positive at their track. If it's anything less then what Baffert got it's bs. I want all drug cheats out not to just pick and choose like the Baseball Hall of Fame.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 06:36 PM   #77
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
FYI they race in other parts of the world where drug rules are enforced. It hasn't killed the sport.
Compare the number of races and tracks and how often they run their horses in any other country to the U.S and get back to me. I's not even close
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 06:38 PM   #78
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
I'm not rooting for anyone. I just want consistency. Let's see what Churchill does next time a trainer has a horse test positive at their track. If it's anything less then what Baffert got it's bs. I want all drug cheats out not to just pick and choose like the Baseball Hall of Fame.
The "what about this guy" and "what about that guy" is why he's still Training and it gets us nowhere. He's the biggest, he's the guy who had 7 horses die in a short period of time all of the same heart related issues, and he's the guy with a positive in the Oaks and Derby. Going after Baffert is long overdue. Most other Trainers wouldn't be in business after the horse deaths in 2013. And yes, they should get rid of a lot more of these guys.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 06:49 PM   #79
The_Turf_Monster

You can’t get all drug cheats at once, and you shouldn’t ignore one because you can’t get them all at the same time
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 07:15 PM   #80
Elkchester Road

Quote:
The problem is...what you want will never happen in the real world. Looking at it from your point of view...who else in the history of the Kentucky Derby has trained a Horse who subsequently had a positive test? There have been two instances. One paid the price...the other will soon. That pretty much puts your "consistency" argument to rest.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:17 PM   #81
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Turf_Monster View Post
You can’t get all drug cheats at once, and you shouldn’t ignore one because you can’t get them all at the same time
Absolutely.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:20 PM   #82
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

When you **** over the biggest trainer in the sport, maybe some of the "others" we can't catch all at the same time, ease off a bit...you know...puts the fear of God into them...maybe...
Old 09-11-2021, 07:21 PM   #83
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
When you **** over the biggest trainer in the sport, maybe some of the "others" we can't catch all at the same time, ease off a bit...you know...puts the fear of God into them...maybe...
Exactly.
Old 09-11-2021, 08:12 PM   #84
dilanesp

The funniest part of the "they're singling Baffert out" argument is that he is actually getting highly lenient treatment from KHRC. When Dancer's Image, with relatively less established connections, tested positive, they declared Calumet's Forward Pass the winner within a few days. They are waiting to act on Baffert for months.

If someone like Mick Ruis had a horse test positive in the Derby, it would come down immediately.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 08:21 PM   #85
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
The funniest part of the "they're singling Baffert out" argument is that he is actually getting highly lenient treatment from KHRC. When Dancer's Image, with relatively less established connections, tested positive, they declared Calumet's Forward Pass the winner within a few days. They are waiting to act on Baffert for months.

If someone like Mick Ruis had a horse test positive in the Derby, it would come down immediately.
Absolutely true.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:16 PM   #86
Gamblin4ever

Quote:
I do believe my position. I'm confused by yours. I don't want to excuse criminality. I want everyone held to the same standard, not picking and choosing who to ban. It's not a position I only hold Baffert to. I want everyone else held to the same standard they are trying to hold him to now. The next time a trainer has a horse test positive. I want him or her to also be banned from all Nyra tracks and Churchill for 2 years as well as any BC race. If they are not then they are discriminating against Baffert. I don't see how you could see it any other way. Why wasn't Drug O'neill banned? Pletcher, Mcpeek, Rudy Rodriguez have multiple drug violations, yet no bans. Could it be becaude they provide Nyra with a lot of entries? Probaby. Baffert is A California trainer. It doesn't affect their bottom line. Let's see what they do the next time Rudy or Todd comes up with a positive. My guess would be a short suspension along with a pocket change fine.
I never heard those other trainers use 1) the groom peed in the hay and the horse ate it, 2) it is cancel culture at fault, 3) i didn't know the ointment had the prohibitive drug in it. If he would have just admitted he was at fault for giving the horse an ointment for a rash inside the withdrawal window instead of blaming everything else the suspension and /or fine wouldn't have been as severe. But, he played the I'm BB and you can't do this to me card. The other trainers you mention accept or appeal the length of suspension and/or fine. BB acts like he is bigger than horse racing IMO. Also, remember he had an overage in the Oaks with Gamine and the same drug the prior year.
Gamblin4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 11:25 PM   #87
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblin4ever View Post
I never heard those other trainers use 1) the groom peed in the hay and the horse ate it, 2) it is cancel culture at fault, 3) i didn't know the ointment had the prohibitive drug in it. If he would have just admitted he was at fault for giving the horse an ointment for a rash inside the withdrawal window instead of blaming everything else the suspension and /or fine wouldn't have been as severe. But, he played the I'm BB and you can't do this to me card. The other trainers you mention accept or appeal the length of suspension and/or fine. BB acts like he is bigger than horse racing IMO. Also, remember he had an overage in the Oaks with Gamine and the same drug the prior year.
Gamblin4ever...all facts.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:51 AM   #88
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

He'll file an appeal, and probably win again as usual. I hate to be cynical, but I'll believe that the industry wants to change when something finally happens -- and it is set in stone. Look how long it is taking with the Medina Spirit Derby issue. It is nearly going on five months already.
Old 09-12-2021, 01:13 AM   #89
SandyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Get lost, Troll.
LET'S NOT GET PERSONAL, EVERYBODY IN THIS COUNTRY IN ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION. WE DON'T CALL OTHER POSTER'S ON THIS FORUM NAMES, GROW UP.

Again...No bashing. This is becoming more of a problem as the forum grows. Please remember this forum is here to help those who need it and to pass along useful information. Let's keep this a friendly place.

Last edited by SandyW; 09-12-2021 at 01:25 AM.
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2021, 02:24 AM   #90
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyW View Post
LET'S NOT GET PERSONAL, EVERYBODY IN THIS COUNTRY IN ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION. WE DON'T CALL OTHER POSTER'S ON THIS FORUM NAMES, GROW UP.

Again...No bashing. This is becoming more of a problem as the forum grows. Please remember this forum is here to help those who need it and to pass along useful information. Let's keep this a friendly place.
Up yours, Troll. I never took away your entitlement to voice your opinion. I didn't bash you. Trust me...if I do, you'll know.

You concern yourself with carrying the buckets of that Doping Cheater. And until you attain some type of Moderator status, take your opinion of my post to you and ram it.

You can now consider yourself bashed.