Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-05-2021, 01:21 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
BreezeFigs, were are included in DRF Plus subscriptions, are very good.
You know, I looked at them over the weekend and the was one Toga horse listed in the A group - it won an paid $14+
Old 08-07-2021, 09:04 AM   #17
Mick

Race one today is a good one but not a good one to hone in on a horse.

Yes, Boston Flagship ran well while rank at the distance but in a slow time so he has a leg up on others but can be beat. You have some Irish (Motion) and Australian (Ward) blood in two horses. You have some expensive horse flesh. And you have two who sprinted well and are stretching out today.

It's a toss up who I will take but whoever it is, he will be a price.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2021, 09:19 AM   #18
Mick

Race one today will no doubt be dominated by the Klaravich entry, in particular the Frankel filly McKulick but also Consumer Spending. I would be loathe to bet against Chad Brown and these two.

Load up your dollars and collect your nickels on these two.
Old 08-08-2021, 04:07 PM   #19
Mick

Race six, I put an early bet on Popular Vote but scratched it when I saw her warm up. She appeared to be a head case in the warm up very similar to her first race throwing her head around.

I didn't bet and probably for the best as I never would have bet Dream Lith, except for the Diodoro factor.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:11 PM   #20
Mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
I try to watch works on XBTV or the sale works (you can find works even if horse didn’t sell e.g. the 7 in 1st at Saratoga today)
Al

Your site is great, I had a NY bred 12-1 shot today named Daufuskie Island thanks to watching XBTV. I wish they had more works to view but I was visually impressed with Daufuskie's solo workout.

Thanks man!

-Mick
Old 08-13-2021, 09:55 PM   #21
Mick

Sheet, Andy Sterling called me a red boarder last night for saying I bet Daufuskie. I was upset that he and Mr. Stabile seemed to mail in their selections for that race, I should have left it at that.

So today I post that I like Sue Ellen Mishkin ten minutes before post to prove I am no red boarder.
Old 08-14-2021, 12:52 AM   #22
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Sheet, Andy Sterling called me a red boarder last night for saying I bet Daufuskie. I was upset that he and Mr. Stabile seemed to mail in their selections for that race, I should have left it at that.

So today I post that I like Sue Ellen Mishkin ten minutes before post to prove I am no red boarder.
TLG certainly doesn't need me chiming into his biz.......but.....I have to ask......why were you upset about a selection he and Anthony Stabile made ?
How could that bother you ?
And...
How would you know they were mailing it in ?
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2021, 03:45 AM   #23
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
For the last year and a half, I have been getting back into the swing of horse racing after a 40 year + layoff working for a living. As such, I am starting out handicapping and betting young horses only. At Saratoga, I have been betting a lot of two year old races with multiple FTS. What tools do you use when studying FTS? I have my list and the priority that I use, but what do others use to evaluate two year old races in addition to FTS?
Physicality. My best superfecta scores have been on lightly raced horses and I wagered based on physicality only.
Old 08-14-2021, 04:31 AM   #24
lamboguy

i am going with GENERAL STRIKE in today's 6th race at the spa... i thought the horse was going to run about 3 months ago looking at the work tab, but he does show up today. i can only speculate that the horse could have bucked shins. the participants in the race look pretty dam tough as well.
watch him carefully in the paddock and on the track with tremendous NYRA feed (best track and paddock view anywhere). i was trying to pick something up with the Ellis feed yesterday, and that feed is not in the same solar system.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2021, 09:00 AM   #25
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i am going with GENERAL STRIKE in today's 6th race at the spa... i thought the horse was going to run about 3 months ago looking at the work tab, but he does show up today. i can only speculate that the horse could have bucked shins. the participants in the race look pretty dam tough as well.
watch him carefully in the paddock and on the track with tremendous NYRA feed (best track and paddock view anywhere). i was trying to pick something up with the Ellis feed yesterday, and that feed is not in the same solar system.
I think one of these outside horses wins it...9 10 11 12

make sure to get a good price

GB
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2021, 03:15 PM   #26
davew

I like

but also use physically to add and subtract horses from my list, especially with so many never having raced.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2021, 04:07 PM   #27
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I like

but also use physically to add and subtract horses from my list, especially with so many never having raced.
$0.10 Superfecta (2-9-1-10) Paid $64.00
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2021, 04:14 PM   #28
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
$0.10 Superfecta (2-9-1-10) Paid $64.00
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2021, 04:32 PM   #29
Mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
TLG certainly doesn't need me chiming into his biz.......but.....I have to ask......why were you upset about a selection he and Anthony Stabile made ?
How could that bother you ?
And...
How would you know they were mailing it in ?
I looked over the race beforehand carefully. The two horses with experience seemed pretty slow. Gimmedamoney was way back early in his first race and gained a little late. In his second race, he ran better early but not fast and the other horse they liked (Juggler) who was behind him. They both liked these two and picked a Chad Brown FTS in third. They barely spoke of another horse.

As to why I care, two words Quality Control. The show is a favorite of mine and I hope they keep standards high.

As to how I knew, I did y analysis and thought there were three horses better than theirs and two of them were ITM. They failed to mention horse stats and workouts that seemed significant to me. Usually, they are on top of stats and works but not that race.

Last edited by Mick; 08-14-2021 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:29 PM   #30
Mick

I stunk it up today in the Saratoga Special. I totally dismissed the winner High Oak. He barely beat a horse first out, named Labarde, who ran twice since and ran up the track. I took the chalk thinking speed was ruling and he could break free on the turn. He had to work early to get a small lead and never could show the speed he had first out.

Back to reality.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: