Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-21-2021, 02:09 PM   #106
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Believe it or not that Toyota FJ retains its value higher than any other Toyota. Good value there.
I have seen 2012 FJ's with 150K plus mileage going for around 25K. My son in law's father has a 2008 with 425K and drive's it from southern California to Oregon to visit the kids all the time. I do not know why they stopped making them. I heard they might be coming back?
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2021, 02:47 PM   #107
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
I have seen 2012 FJ's with 150K plus mileage going for around 25K. My son in law's father has a 2008 with 425K and drive's it from southern California to Oregon to visit the kids all the time. I do not know why they stopped making them. I heard they might be coming back?
I am part of a Toyota test group. We mostly do everything online.

But not a month goes by that they/we don't get requests to start making it again.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2021, 11:07 AM   #108
boxcar

A Match Made in Heaven...

PHOTO– 101-Year-Old Woman Adopts Oldest Cat in Shelter: ‘Our Hearts Are Full’

A 19-year-old cat named Gus was brought into a North Carolina shelter recently, and the Humane Society of Catawba County’s executive director, Jane Bowers, said his owner was “heartbroken.”

But there is a very happy ending in this story for ol' Gus.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202..._content=Final
Old 10-09-2021, 03:59 PM   #109
thaskalos

"Happiness" is having a pet in the house. And I wish I could have realized this sooner...
Old 10-09-2021, 04:49 PM   #110
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
"Happiness" is having a pet in the house. And I wish I could have realized this sooner...
Old 10-10-2021, 09:43 PM   #111
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
It’s amazing how much they can add to your life. Glad for you Gus….
Old 10-18-2021, 01:50 AM   #112
JustRalph
Just another Facist

if you have facebook....... I think you can watch this video.

It was made by the director of our rescue group. This is the primary group I work with.

She just finished a rehab with a dog who was minutes from death in a home that ignored him. It's a long agonizing story. But it turned out ok............

**Warning: Pics can be shocking.

She drove to Pennsylvania this weekend (from Houston) to deliver him to his new family. This dog had applications from literally all over the world. But she chose to have him adopted by a family in PA with much experience with Husky type dogs.

I don't know how to make this vid viewable if you aren't on facebook. I will see if I can figure it out.

This very nice lady has dedicated her life to rescue/dogs and cats. She is an angel in all ways possible. I am proud to support her and help as much as I can.............

https://www.friendsoffaye.com/

https://fb.watch/8IMVagqxLG/

Last edited by JustRalph; 10-18-2021 at 01:52 AM.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:26 AM   #113
boxcar

Quote:

It was made by the director of our rescue group. This is the primary group I work with.

She just finished a rehab with a dog who was minutes from death in a home that ignored him. It's a long agonizing story. But it turned out ok............

She drove to Pennsylvania this weekend (from Houston) to deliver him to his new family. This dog had applications from literally all over the world. But she chose to have him adopted by a family in PA with much experience with Husky type dogs.

I don't know how to make this vid viewable if you aren't on facebook. I will see if I can figure it out.

This very nice lady has dedicated her life to rescue/dogs and cats. She is an angel in all ways possible. I am proud to support her and help as much as I can.............

AWESOME! How could anyone not fall madly in love with this dog immediately just by looking into his sad, pleading eyes?

When I see stuff like this it really makes me wonder about a verse in scripture that has long puzzled me. The vast majority of Christians believe only God's rational, moral beings have souls; but this one passage causes me
reason to pause.

Eccl 3:21
21 Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?"
NIV

When I look into that dog's sad eyes, I think I see a soul.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:43 PM   #114
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
AWESOME! How could anyone not fall madly in love with this dog immediately just by looking into his sad, pleading eyes?

When I see stuff like this it really makes me wonder about a verse in scripture that has long puzzled me. The vast majority of Christians believe only God's rational, moral beings have souls; but this one passage causes me
reason to pause.

Eccl 3:21
21 Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?"
NIV

When I look into that dog's sad eyes, I think I see a soul.
Lovely!!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2021, 03:18 PM   #115
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:

Ralph, THANK YOU for that.

(Made my day.)

-jp

Old 10-18-2021, 06:21 PM   #116
Marshall Bennett

Very nice, Ralph!!
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2021, 07:39 PM   #117
boxcar

Dying Woman Bids Beloved Horse and Dogs Goodbye as Hospice Staff Bring Them to Her Bedside

Aided by hospice staff, a dying woman had the chance to see her beloved horse and two dogs one last time as the precious pets were brought to her bedside.

“Following her arrival at the hospice, our care team soon discovered that patient Jan Holman had some very special friends in her life, and following a spell of four weeks in hospital, she was missing them desperately,” Hospice of the Good Shepherd in Chester, England, shared on Facebook.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_br...qtcRjv64dDM%3D
Old 10-21-2021, 08:13 PM   #118
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I hope I can hold my pups in my arms when I go. And I wouldn’t mind a few feline friends either

Good post
Old 10-25-2021, 01:23 PM   #119
boxcar

A Tale of an Outdoors Samaritan

This is so Kool!

https://twitter.com/dodo/status/1452...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
Old 11-08-2021, 12:27 AM   #120
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I have been trying to capture a neighborhood stray for almost 18 months. I have been feeding him, medicating him (de-worm, heart worm etc) every month but have not been able to catch him. Everyone in the neighborhood knows him and I believe that he has a home in an adjacent neighborhood, that mistreats him.

This dog is about 80 lbs and comes to my house twice a day to eat and my wife has recently been able to pet him. I thought we were making headway.

Today my neighbor beats on the door and tells me he is laying in my front yard, injured. He was carrying his r/rear leg and had been apparently clipped by a car. My neighbors teen daughter came outside and was able to talk nice to him and eventually put a lead over him. It was a frightful 30 seconds or so but he stopped fighting us and became compliant. He is scheduled to see the vet in the morning. Then I will try to work him into one of our rescue groups. 18 months ………and the pursuit ended with a 15 yr old girl smooching up to him.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2F0A90E9-DE6E-4D4B-A150-DEBC1EA7DEFD.jpg (523.4 KB, 6 views)