Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-05-2021, 08:00 PM   #46
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Knicks Go will be the favorite. Since when is speed not good in any of these events? I won’t say Medina Spirit ran a hole in the wind again and get made fun of. I was mad he scratched from the Penn derby cause it made the race unbettable. If you believe post 9 is the reason for scratching, look what he’s beating up on out there. This race will feature the real competition so I see Medina as a probable money burner in this spot. He will have to run faster than he ever has to see the lead here. Not impossible but I can’t bet on that. Knicks Go has one blemish this year . Off the return from Saudi….. gets a pass for that. Watching the Whitney, he’s setting serious fractions and still pulling away late. The horse �� to beat now and if the track is like it usually is on these days. Whatever price he is may be an over lay. Especially if people think he shouldn’t be the favorite. This horse is capable of stringing out the field and running them off their legs. That’s what he does when he’s right. I sort of have doubts about any of the 3 yo group keeping up with this horse until I see it actually happen.
As amazing as the Whitney was. I was more blown away by the gallop out. Some nice horses gave everything had trying to catch KNICKS GO. If anyone figured to be staggering after the race it was him. Watch him around the clubhouse turn compared to the others. Had to be 20-30 lengths in front and THEY were the ones gasping.

I think he'll probably win. I KNOW one million% sure he'll be the favorite.

Guaranteed!
Old 10-06-2021, 08:49 AM   #47
Gamblin4ever

Has Breeders Cup came out saying Baffert can run horses yet? There is that slight chance they say no,but I'm sure they will allow him to run.
Gamblin4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2021, 06:30 PM   #48
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblin4ever View Post
Has Breeders Cup came out saying Baffert can run horses yet? There is that slight chance they say no,but I'm sure they will allow him to run.
I forgot about that. VERY big deal. Let's not forget it's called the BREEDERS' CUP because it was invented by breeders. Breeders live in KY. MEDINA SPIRIT tested positive in "their" race.

IMO it's FAR from a sure thing he'll be able to run his horses.

Does anybody know when there is supposed to be a decision?
Old 10-06-2021, 07:20 PM   #49
classhandicapper

IMO, this 3 year old crop is as good as we've seen in awhile and they are just starting to peak. A 3yo may win the Sprint, Mile, and Classic. They may even take down a couple of exactas or even a triple.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:36 PM   #50
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I forgot about that. VERY big deal. Let's not forget it's called the BREEDERS' CUP because it was invented by breeders. Breeders live in KY. MEDINA SPIRIT tested positive in "their" race.

Don't these breeders sell their horses to owners who have Baffert as a trainer? Would the breeders play hardball and risk future lucrative sales? Money doesn't always trump ethics but money might be the favorite here.
Old 10-07-2021, 12:45 AM   #51
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
IMO, this 3 year old crop is as good as we've seen in awhile and they are just starting to peak. A 3yo may win the Sprint, Mile, and Classic. They may even take down a couple of exactas or even a triple.
You meant Dirt Mile.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2021, 01:17 AM   #52
Gamblin4ever

Quote:

I think 10/25, right before pre entry.
Gamblin4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2021, 10:21 AM   #53
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
You meant Dirt Mile.
I'm getting old. My brain still has "dirt" set as the default.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:51 PM   #54
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm getting old. My brain still has "dirt" set as the default.
Just call it the Big Ass Fans Mile. That's what I do.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2021, 03:47 PM   #55
dilanesp

Baffert is a go in the BC. What a corrupt sport.

https://mobile.twitter.com/raypaulic...08200912547846
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2021, 03:52 PM   #56
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Baffert is a go in the BC. What a corrupt sport.

https://mobile.twitter.com/raypaulic...08200912547846
Breeders' Cup Mission statement

To conduct the Breeders’ Cup World Championships at the highest levels of quality, safety and integrity and to promote the growth of Thoroughbred breeding, racing through proactive leadership, innovation and service

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2021, 05:16 PM   #57
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Nothing about Baffert participating violates any part of that mission statement.

rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2021, 07:08 PM   #58
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
As amazing as the Whitney was. I was more blown away by the gallop out. Some nice horses gave everything had trying to catch KNICKS GO. If anyone figured to be staggering after the race it was him. Watch him around the clubhouse turn compared to the others. Had to be 20-30 lengths in front and THEY were the ones gasping.

I think he'll probably win. I KNOW one million% sure he'll be the favorite.

Guaranteed!
Agreed, sitting by the paddock that day he was the best looking horse I saw all meet . Coming off the loss at Belmont I think they went all out in the Whitney and he delivered. Makes the turn , he kind of is tilting his head to the right and when he could be tiring , he straightened out and found another gear, drowning the competition. Right about the gallop out too. Rosario was probably told to race him thru the wire if it went that way cause the rest are literally as far behind as you said. The head on they are getting smaller cause he’s so far ahead. That was probably by design , they’ve had their sights set on this all year. If he gets over the track out there like he has at these other tracks , horse to beat. Gotta see who else makes the race but these three year olds will have to up the ante just to keep up with him right now from where I’m sitting. Not a one of them has run like this guy can. The best thing that can happen IMO is he isn’t the favorite.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: