Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-25-2021, 01:58 PM   #91
Hedevar

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforgin View Post
I'm putting aside all of the current news, and I'm going to Arlington tomorrow for closing day. Going with a longtime handicapping friend of mine. Forget about the current problems, etc for a day, and reflect back on the great times I had there. It was the first race track I went to when I was about 9 years old with my dad and uncle. So many great horses, jockeys, and memories. I haven't been there this meet, and two weeks ago I said I wasn't going back before closing day. Maybe I'm selfish or dishonest with myself, but I thought I owed it to myself to go one last time. Just to be there again, a final time. -- Jim.
I very much understand but I could not live with myself, if spent I one nanosecond at AP.
Hedevar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2021, 02:36 PM   #92
thaskalos

I remember many years ago, when I would take the train from Jefferson Park to the Arlington Park racetrack. The anticipation of getting there...the majesty of the place...the spectacular scenery in the paddock. Meeting Pat Day and getting his autograph on the day of his retirement; shaking Jack Klugman's hand one day in the winner's circle. I never thought that life could ever be that much fun.

And now...I am once again reminded that all good (and bad) things must inevitably come to an end.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:47 PM   #93
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I remember many years ago, when I would take the train from Jefferson Park to the Arlington Park racetrack. The anticipation of getting there...the majesty of the place...the spectacular scenery in the paddock. Meeting Pat Day and getting his autograph on the day of his retirement; shaking Jack Klugman's hand one day in the winner's circle. I never thought that life could ever be that much fun.

And now...I am once again reminded that all good (and bad) things must inevitably come to an end.
Great post…..
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2021, 10:49 PM   #94
dilanesp

https://mobile.twitter.com/MHoganSay...27759719133188
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2021, 03:20 AM   #95
OwenStawell

It makes sense?
OwenStawell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: