Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-12-2021, 02:27 AM   #91
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 09-12-2021, 02:33 AM   #92
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Ehhh...I guess the first part of the reply to me in ALL CAPS...followed by the next part talking to me like I am a pre-schooler...may have scrambled my synapses.
Old 09-12-2021, 04:46 AM   #93
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
And yes, they should get rid of a lot more of these guys.

Should CD ban Steve Asmussen horses from running in the Derby? He's had 2 violations in Kentucky and multiple violation in other jurisdictions. How about the fact for the 3rd time on September 8th he had to pay back wages and damages to employees after being sued by the department of labor. So not only does he cheat he has a track record of not paying employees what they are owed.

How about Drug Oneil? Surely with 20+ violations to his name CD should ban his horses from running in the Derby?????

Chad Brown anyone?

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...back-pay-fines

Out of the 37 horses who started in this years Triple Crown races 28 of those horses were trained by trainers with drug violations. Most of the trainers have had multiple violations and Asmussen-Brown had to pay up after being sued by the Department of Labor.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2021, 04:50 AM   #94
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCat View Post
Should CD ban Steve Asmussen horses from running in the Derby? He's had 2 violations in Kentucky and multiple violation in other jurisdictions. How about the fact for the 3rd time on September 8th he had to pay back wages and damages to employees after being sued by the department of labor. So not only does he cheat he has a track record of not paying employees what they are owed.

How about Drug Oneil? Surely with 20+ violations to his name CD should ban his horses from running in the Derby?????

Chad Brown anyone?

Out of the 37 horses who started in this years Triple Crown races 28 of those horses were trained by trainers with drug violations. Most of the trainers have had multiple violations and Asmussen-Brown had to pay up after being sued by the Department of Labor.
So what? "You can't fine me for speeding. 100 other people got away with it." Try that in traffic court and let us know how it goes.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2021, 08:42 AM   #95
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCat View Post

Chad Brown anyone?

Post 78
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2021, 08:49 AM   #96
Andy Asaro

Hearing Breeders' Cup is under enormous pressure to ban Baffert. Source I trust says they will but I'll wait till it's in writing by the Breeders' Cup.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:49 AM   #97
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
The problem is...what you want will never happen in the real world. Looking at it from your point of view...who else in the history of the Kentucky Derby has trained a Horse who subsequently had a positive test? There have been two instances. One paid the price...the other will soon. That pretty much puts your "consistency" argument to rest.
So you only ban them if they test positive in the Derby? All other positives don't matter I guess. A slap on the wrist and a small fine. Sounds fair
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2021, 08:49 AM   #98
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Let's pretend he actually doped the horse. Would he admit it or would he say the same thing he is saying?

His statement is therefore worthless as proof.
Of course he wouldn’t admit it, but the burden is not on him to prove he didn’t dope the horse with something other than the legal therapeutic he agrees was in the horse’s system. So you DQ the horse, give him a suspension, and then he eventually comes back. This would probably be close to over already if he would have accepted responsibility right from the start. If they really want him out of the sport, IMO they have to do better than this drug at this level. Wiretaps seem to work. lol

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-12-2021 at 09:02 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2021, 08:55 AM   #99
azeri98

Quote:
The "what about this guy" and "what about that guy" is why he's still Training and it gets us nowhere. He's the biggest, he's the guy who had 7 horses die in a short period of time all of the same heart related issues, and he's the guy with a positive in the Oaks and Derby. Going after Baffert is long overdue. Most other Trainers wouldn't be in business after the horse deaths in 2013. And yes, they should get rid of a lot more of these guys.
I don't have a problem with them going after Baffert but then I want them to go after others. Guys like Drug O'Neill, Steve Asmussen and Rudy Rodriguez who have had multiple drug violations not to mention the Nero fiasco with Asmussen. They get small suspensions and fines. There is just no consistency.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:56 AM   #100
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Turf_Monster View Post
You can’t get all drug cheats at once, and you shouldn’t ignore one because you can’t get them all at the same time
You can get the ones who's horses have tested positive. There are a lot of them and none of them are getting the same treatment Baffert is.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:57 AM   #101
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
I don't have a problem with them going after Baffert but then I want them to go after others. Guys like Drug O'Neill, Steve Asmussen and Rudy Rodriguez who have had multiple drug violations not to mention the Nero fiasco with Asmussen. They get small suspensions and fines. There is just no consistency.
We all want them out. Beginning with Baffert is the best way
Old 09-12-2021, 09:05 AM   #102
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblin4ever View Post
I never heard those other trainers use 1) the groom peed in the hay and the horse ate it, 2) it is cancel culture at fault, 3) i didn't know the ointment had the prohibitive drug in it. If he would have just admitted he was at fault for giving the horse an ointment for a rash inside the withdrawal window instead of blaming everything else the suspension and /or fine wouldn't have been as severe. But, he played the I'm BB and you can't do this to me card. The other trainers you mention accept or appeal the length of suspension and/or fine. BB acts like he is bigger than horse racing IMO. Also, remember he had an overage in the Oaks with Gamine and the same drug the prior year.
All true so the question is now. If he didn't appeal and make excuses. Would they still be doing it? Like you said other trainers have appealed both the length of the suspension and fine. So the only difference is that he made excuses? Wow you really are grasping at straws. He's won 4 of the last 5 Derby's. That's what I think they don't like. They call it the hardest race to win and he made it look easy. It doesn't make for good TV if Baffert wins every year. Throw in that he's not humble about it and there you go.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:10 AM   #103
azeri98

Quote:
Post 78
You guys just hate Baffert when other trainers are doing the exact same things. I just have to shake my head. Let these other guys get away with the same offences but lets ruin another guys career. You either throw them all out or let them all play. There is no in between. There shouldn't be anyway.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:12 AM   #104
azeri98

Quote:
We all want them out. Beginning with Baffert is the best way
Fair enough but I doubt that happens.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:19 AM   #105
classhandicapper

If my memory is correct Dutrow’s original suspension was 30 or 60 days and turned into 10 years after he appealed and it was reviewed. Sometimes it’s better to just shut up and take the hit. IMO the Dutrow case was way worse than this one. There were syringes with banned substances involved, a lot of therapeutic overages like in this case, and a long history of dramatic move ups on a trainer change to him.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: