Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-03-2021, 10:22 PM   #91
jimmyb

Last year Biden said he wouldn't take the vaccine if Trump recommended it. Biden now wants to mandate the Trump fast tracked vaccines for all federal workers.

Tell me again covid hasn't been politicized.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2021, 08:20 AM   #92
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
He's thinking......
Here it is the day after and Light is nowhere to be found with an answer. It appears you were overly optimistic about the poor guy. OR...maybe he just needs another day or two because "thinking" isn't something he does very often, so he's out of practice.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:16 AM   #93
classhandicapper

The thing I find amazing is that at any other time in recent history if you asked liberals if they trusted the drug companies they would scream "NO".

If you pointed out they got a waver from being sued related to these vaccines they would scream "corruption".

If you explained the extreme vaccine hesitancy among African Americans they would understand it.

Yet those same people are trashing anyone that's hesitant about getting vaccinated now???

Are they fvcking idiots?

Look, I'm vaccinated, but no way in hell do I trust the government, drug companies, or media to tell me the entire unspun truth about anything. They are lying and incompetent scum. If you don't understand that by now YOU are the idiot. Anyone with half a brain should be hesitant and make a risk reward calculation for themselves depending on their age, health, where they live, what their values are, whether they are willing to be locked down, how much they trust those in authority etc...

Most will come down on the side of getting vaccinated, but some very intelligent and thoughtful people won't.

If the liars and scum want to encourage vaccination, that's fine. But no one with half a brain should believe anything they are saying and no one that chooses not to get vaccinated should be attacked for not wanting to take a new vaccine that bypassed normal testing protocols and that drug companies can't be sued for.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-04-2021 at 10:24 AM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2021, 10:28 AM   #94
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Well said.

It's amazing how liberals and conservatives have taken a complete 180 on certain issues (myself included).
Old 08-04-2021, 10:52 AM   #95
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

Good one.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2021, 11:06 AM   #96
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The thing I find amazing is that at any other time in recent history if you asked liberals if they trusted the drug companies they would scream "NO".

If you pointed out they got a waver from being sued related to these vaccines they would scream "corruption".

If you explained the extreme vaccine hesitancy among African Americans they would understand it.

Yet those same people are trashing anyone that's hesitant about getting vaccinated now???

Are they fvcking idiots?

Look, I'm vaccinated, but no way in hell do I trust the government, drug companies, or media to tell me the entire unspun truth about anything. They are lying and incompetent scum. If you don't understand that by now YOU are the idiot. Anyone with half a brain should be hesitant and make a risk reward calculation for themselves depending on their age, health, where they live, what their values are, whether they are willing to be locked down, how much they trust those in authority etc...

Most will come down on the side of getting vaccinated, but some very intelligent and thoughtful people won't.

If the liars and scum want to encourage vaccination, that's fine. But no one with half a brain should believe anything they are saying and no one that chooses not to get vaccinated should be attacked for not wanting to take a new vaccine that bypassed normal testing protocols and that drug companies can't be sued for.
Hear! Hear!
Old 08-05-2021, 02:11 AM   #97
46zilzal
velocitician

Ah what the world would be like today if these SAME IDIOTS refused their small pox (variola), polio and tetanus vaccinations.

yet these SAME FOOLS are allowing diphtheria ( a disease that almost killed my father in the late 20's) and pertussis a large enough host population that these are making a comeback
Old 08-05-2021, 02:19 AM   #98
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

8,000 BREAKTHROUGH CASES in Massachusetts alone, with 100 BREAKTHROUGH deaths.

You need better data.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:34 AM   #99
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
8,000 BREAKTHROUGH CASES in Massachusetts alone, with 100 BREAKTHROUGH deaths.

You need better data.
And your "data" could use some context. Those 8K breakthrough cases represent only 0.18% of the state's cases for that period. The hospitalized breakthroughs represent only 0.009% of the fully vaccinated state population, and the 100 deaths 0.002%.
https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...cases-july-31/
Karakorum Kabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2021, 09:53 AM   #100
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakorum Kabbage View Post
And your "data" could use some context. Those 8K breakthrough cases represent only 0.18% of the state's cases for that period. The hospitalized breakthroughs represent only 0.009% of the fully vaccinated state population, and the 100 deaths 0.002%.
tee-hee-hee

u 1 funny guy

Now they're gonna talk PERCENTAGES and what a low percentage of DEATHS this represents. Oh, you mean like the fatality rate from COVID ITSELF over the last 1.5 years which resulted in millions upon millions upon millions of the LIVING having their lives and businesses ruined?

But forget that for a moment...isn't every DEATH a TRAGEDY!?!?!?!?!?!?

You're another one who doesn't care about people, apparently.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-05-2021 at 09:55 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2021, 12:12 PM   #101
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Ah what the world would be like today if these SAME IDIOTS refused their small pox (variola), polio and tetanus vaccinations.

yet these SAME FOOLS are allowing diphtheria ( a disease that almost killed my father in the late 20's) and pertussis a large enough host population that these are making a comeback
This is brand new technology that bypassed normal testing procedures and that drug companies can't be sued for if there are complications.

You'd have to be as dumb as a huge pile of dull rocks to not be concerned given that scenario.

Again, I am vaccinated. It was the right choice for me (at least I hope) and for most Americans, but I'm going to go around attacking very young healthy people that would rather risk Covid than the vaccine. I'm not going to tell them what to put in their bodies. If government wants to encourage people to vaccinate and can explain away some of the doctors talking about side effects, clotting, micro clotting in multiple organs etc.. they should do that to make people more comfortable. But everything else is total BS. Very few people get very sick and even fewer die. We know what the higher risk categories are. There should be no scarlet letters for those that don't want to vaccinate.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:59 PM   #102
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Mark Twain: "There are lies, damn lies and statistics."

By looking at a single version of the 9 blind men and elephant and not understanding the ENTIRE set of data, anyone can manipulate to their agenda.

The parable and its knowledge ESCAPES most: The moral of the parable is that humans have a tendency to claim absolute truth based on their limited, subjective experience as they ignore other people's limited, subjective experiences which may be equally true.

Leave out the ones that don't FIT.....What CRAP!
Breakthrough cases do not have the pathological outcome that cases of unvaccinated people suffer...You can post BS till the cows come home and it won't change the information that this poster wrote HERE
Old 08-05-2021, 01:03 PM   #103
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I chuckle everyday at some of the RIDICULOUSLY unnecessary meds that the TV is inundated with. Only New Zealand and the US allow direct to market advertising of medications.

I laugh at several: there is one for "constipation." I can only imagine what it costs versus simple metamucil
Old 08-05-2021, 01:04 PM   #104
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Mark Twain: "There are lies, damn lies and statistics."

By looking at a single version of the 9 blind men and elephant and not understanding the ENTIRE set of data, anyone can manipulate to their agenda.

The parable and its knowledge ESCAPES most: The moral of the parable is that humans have a tendency to claim absolute truth based on their limited, subjective experience as they ignore other people's limited, subjective experiences which may be equally true.

Leave out the ones that don't FIT.....What CRAP!
Breakthrough cases do not have the pathological outcome that cases of unvaccinated people suffer...You can post BS till the cows come home and it won't change the information that this poster wrote HERE
Sayin' it doesn't make it so. Sayin' it doesn't make your "truth" the absolute truth.

But fear not...the CDC is doing all in its power to manipulate the numbers to fit their narrative.
Old 08-05-2021, 01:13 PM   #105
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Percentages matter now, huh??? Somebody is going to have to work hard to have a post in this thread that is more obtuse than this.

Wow.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: