Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 03-26-2018, 04:27 PM   #31
rebrick99

what is diamond standout

A standout is a diamond rating at least 7 points or higher on top pick over second choice. A diamond rating of only 1 or 2 points higher is not a standout.
I also found if a horse has only 1 or 2 points higher diamond rating but it has a 8-10 point edge in diamond speed rating you have a shot also. I use setting auto pick and letter T setting. You have to have some patience because you might only find several plays at a track per day.
rebrick99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2018, 06:23 PM   #32
lawmaker1

Can you determine what your ROI has been using the Diamond program?
lawmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2018, 09:56 PM   #33
ldiatone

just view first some races at FG sat La derby day. read the user pages Pandy sends with the program. r3 MONTE MAN using k last 2 lines. MM ranked 2nd and 4th. paid $15.20 r5 9 SULLY'S DREAM on top $21.80 r 9 SYNCHRONY on top $8.00 in the r12 12- DAPPER JACK ranked 2nd and did finish 2nd, $5.60 not much the 5 won IN THE NAVY 9/2L<---the L is a mark from TM meaning a possible long shot winner only paid 8.60 r 13 #9 ranked 2nd 9- ALIVIA'S LION paid only 8.00.
one has to read all the columns. the 'Late Kick' fig really does bring winners. there was one the other day that had kick like 10~points higher then the others and was ranked 6-7th but "just up" to win.
and one can get MPH like figs also and some other read outs.

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2018, 12:30 AM   #34
jim michalak

rebrick99

thanks for the info!
jim michalak is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 04:10 PM   #35
SoCaGambler

I have this program. I would like to see it available to run with the single data files from Brisnet. I have send several emails to Pandy as to a update to using single file data, with not a single reply.
The program has good results for anyone looking to purchase. However you cant scratch a horse and when viewing you cant just go from one race to another and back you have to rerun the complete program again, this is frustrating at times. Norcal Greg's pace view is more user friendly for users looking to purchase a program.
SoCaGambler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 04:34 PM   #36
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Absolutely amazing that in 2021 you can’t scratch a horse on a software program.🤦🏾
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 04:53 PM   #37
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaGambler View Post
I have this program. I would like to see it available to run with the single data files from Brisnet. I have send several emails to Pandy as to a update to using single file data, with not a single reply.
The program has good results for anyone looking to purchase. However you cant scratch a horse and when viewing you cant just go from one race to another and back you have to rerun the complete program again, this is frustrating at times. Norcal Greg's pace view is more user friendly for users looking to purchase a program.

With my Power Pace and Real Time programs, which are more current, they both work with brisnet single data files and allow scratches. But, The Diamond System was developed in 1996 on a database program and we could never get it to run with brisnet single data files, only the multi files, and Trackmaster exe files. And we couldn't do scratches, which I don't think is a big deal, doesn't change the ratings. But the bottom line is, it is what it is. The main thing is, it still picks a lot of longshot winners, and that's what we were going for. Some very good contest players use it.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 04:54 PM   #38
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaGambler View Post
I wonder if you had my old email address. I'm known for my customer service. You could have called me, my phone number is on my website.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:00 PM   #39
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Why not take the code and simply update it to the other programs?
Old 07-28-2021, 05:56 PM   #40
SoCaGambler

Speed Figure, that sounds logical to me, but then I have no idea the work involved or if it can be done.

However I believe what is more important to Pandy is selling the new programs and just throw away the old ones no matter how good they are.

I will stick with NorCals Pace Advantage.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:17 PM   #41
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Someone here (headhawg?) wrote a scratch program for the single file that worked ok if you are interested.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:22 PM   #42
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

If the Diamond only uses the multi files it won’t do any good.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:24 PM   #43
SoCaGambler

Thanks Tom,

But the Diamond System is a multi file system.
When using the program if you click anywhere on the listed results of a race it will leave that race and pulls up the next race, you can't sort any part of the program. It's a good program its just limited.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:09 PM   #44
headhawg
crusty old guy

At one time I thought about converting Bris multi to the single format. I was considering buying Pandy's Diamond system, but as most of my programs used the single format I wasn't going to buy two sets of files. If all of the data in the single file is in the multi, it shouldn't be too difficult to code. I am working on other software things now and I don't really have the time, but a decent coder shouldn't have a problem doing it. It's possible that my scratch program (HDST) would work on the newly created single file, but that is not a guarantee. Most programs worked fine with the modified single file but not all were tested.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:38 PM   #45
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
At one time I thought about converting Bris multi to the single format. I was considering buying Pandy's Diamond system, but as most of my programs used the single format I wasn't going to buy two sets of files. If all of the data in the single file is in the multi, it shouldn't be too difficult to code. I am working on other software things now and I don't really have the time, but a decent coder shouldn't have a problem doing it. It's possible that my scratch program (HDST) would work on the newly created single file, but that is not a guarantee. Most programs worked fine with the modified single file but not all were tested.

When we built it in 1996, we used the Microsoft Foxpro database program. We were never able to get that to work with the single data files, only the multi-file and the Trackmaster exe files. Over the years, we put so much work into it, tweaking it and upgrading it so it would run smoothly and adapt to distance chances better, etc., that it would be difficult to try and start all over and get it to produce the same ratings. And we like the ratings the way they are. It's just one of those things, we created it 25 years ago on Foxpro.

Now with Real Time and Power Pace, they don't rely on a database program, it's all coding and they don't even get installed, they just sit on your desktop.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: