Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #1201
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
What "so plausible" theory was Mahmoud ElAwadi proposing? The notion that, because Trump "twisted China's arm", China said "let's go with this virus"? And, what is ElAwadi suggesting when he tells us that we shouldn't succumb to fear, but we should instead "support our institutions"? Is he telling us to go out and BUY STOCKS? Is that his "unbiased opinion"?

ElAwadi tells us that he is working in the stock market...but he isn't afraid about the stock market. Why should ElAwadi be afraid about the stock market? Is he losing HIS money out there? It's a good thing he told us up front that he isn't a "conspiracy theorist".
Wasn't it PA Mike who once said something to the effect that we have no idea about what really goes on in this world? Well, I believe him.

Just imagine, if no one sold their stocks through fear and just held strong.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 10:24 PM   #1202
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Did about $800.00 in ToGo business on our first day of shutdown.
Not too bad...
We'll find out for real this weekend after people are tired of eating their own cooking (and the food they've hoarded from the grocery stores).

it's gonna be a long month (at least) y'all
Hang in there Phantom......
Might not be much but our thoughts are with you and yours....
If I were closer, I would get a take out from ya....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 10:25 PM   #1203
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Wasn't it PA Mike who once said something to the effect that we have no idea about what really goes on in this world? Well, I believe him.

Then who do you put your faith and trust in.....for the truth?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 10:26 PM   #1204
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Save your money, you will need it. This global pandemic was gifted to you from the communist peoples republic of China. Many foolish people inside this country have TDS, when they should be with CDS. China China China, commie commie commie. Many are so consumed with what have you done for me today, China has answered your prayers.
Come on man ....

I would call you a racist, but China isn't really a race

and isn't it about time Nancy puts some money in the virus bill for reparations to the people in the areas surrounding the Rift Valley and Ebola River who have been ostracized due to calling a deadly disease for their region?

ps, hopefully the US can start producing our own antibiotics before China decides they don't want to sell to us any more.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 10:26 PM   #1205
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Hang in there Phantom......
Might not be much but our thoughts are with you and yours....
If I were closer, I would get a take out from ya....
Ditto this post, make mine a double order Phantom...
Old 03-17-2020, 10:27 PM   #1206
thaskalos

Quote:

It's one thing to say that "we have no idea what really goes on in this world"...and it's another thing to call a conspiracy theory "so plausible". "Plausible" doesn't mean 'possible'; it means PROBABLE...and that's an entirely different thing.

As far as the stock market is concerned...that's an unscrupulous game played between the "whales", the "sharks"...and some "guppies". How can you get a unanimous result when the participants are so different in nature?
Old 03-17-2020, 10:34 PM   #1207
sammy the sage

Quote:
It's one thing to say that "we have no idea what really goes on in this world"...and it's another thing to call a conspiracy theory "so plausible". "Plausible" doesn't mean 'possible'; it means PROBABLE...and that's an entirely different thing.

As far as the stock market is concerned...that's an unscrupulous game played between the "whales", the "sharks"...and some "guppies". How can you get a unanimous result when the participants are so different in nature?
Some Whales,,,,bunch who think they're sharks...(some are...most aren't)...then there is CHUM.....mom & pop & everybody else...

Think that's a bit more accurate...
Old 03-17-2020, 10:37 PM   #1208
fast4522

Quote:
Very nice comment, Fast. I hope that JR also has some type of business interruption insurance to help him get through.
Well the last thing I want to send JR is questions, the weight he has on his shoulders for everyone he has worked with is a heavy weight for anyone to sort out. We can only be hopeful that things work out for not only JR but all business being crushed by this event. After all this is something that might surpass the 9/11 attack on our country. It looks like more devastation to wall street and individual business, I have to tell you that I had real strong feelings back then.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 10:41 PM   #1209
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Then who do you put your faith and trust in.....for the truth?
For a particular issue, I weigh the information that's out there and from whom, I'm patient, and then I trust MY judgement...for the truth.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:04 PM   #1210
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
After all this is something that might surpass the 9/11 attack on our country.
It already has.

At least back then, the gov't told you to go out shopping and "not let the terrorists win."

What do they tell you today instead?

"Go home and cower in fear MFers."
Old 03-17-2020, 11:08 PM   #1211
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
"Go home and cower in fear MFers."
Times have changed, now they call it "shelter-in-place".....Charming PC, wouldn't you say?...
Old 03-17-2020, 11:12 PM   #1212
Fred Mertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
At least back then, the gov't told you to go out shopping and "not let the terrorists win."

That was Dumbya, I mean W.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 11:44 PM   #1213
MargieRose

Quote:

You're playing with words. Plausible, possible and probable are all interchangeable synonyms, per Thesaurus.com.

As to the stock market, I said: "Just imagine."

Methinks you're trying to be clever, Thaskalos.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:51 PM   #1214
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Methinks you're trying to be clever, Thaskalos.
Thaskalos trying to be clever?...That's implausible, improbable and impossible...
Old 03-17-2020, 11:57 PM   #1215
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Thaskalos trying to be clever?...That's implausible, improbable and impossible...
Funny!