Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-03-2021, 04:47 PM   #1
zico20

Cowboys need to sack McCarthy

Head coaches are paid the big bucks to make split second decisions and he clearly is a failure. How do you not challenge that obvious incomplete pass. Had he done so, the Giants would have had to punt rather than kick the field goal which put them up by four instead of one. Dallas then drove the length of the field to get to the six yard line only to fail. Complete choke job by McCarthy! Also, Dallas didn't beat a team with a winning record all season. Damn I hope the Eagles beat Washington tonight, then his screw up cost his team a divisional title and a playoff spot. GO EAGLES!!!
Old 01-03-2021, 04:51 PM   #2
woodbinepmi

As an Eagles fan, why would you want him fired? Keep him there if he's so bad. As a Chiefs fan I want Gruden in Las Vegas as long as possible, they will be a .500 team as long as he is there.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:54 PM   #3
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi View Post
As an Eagles fan, why would you want him fired? Keep him there if he's so bad. As a Chiefs fan I want Gruden in Las Vegas as long as possible, they will be a .500 team as long as he is there.
I am not an Eagles fan! I just want his stupid decision to cost them a division title. If Washington wins then all it ended up doing was costing his team one win on the season.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:57 PM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
I am not an Eagles fan! I just want his stupid decision to cost them a division title. If Washington wins then all it ended up doing was costing his team one win on the season.
How much did you have on Dallas?

I think he should get a pass for this year. All of them should after the way Covid has screwed with everything
Old 01-03-2021, 11:15 PM   #5
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
How much did you have on Dallas?

I think he should get a pass for this year. All of them should after the way Covid has screwed with everything
Not a dime! I don't bet pro football. Stick to where the money is at; soccer, hockey, and baseball. Perfect example is the Eagles/Washington game. They put in a rookie QB with the game on the line. They aren't even trying to win. That doesn't happen in the three sports I mentioned.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:34 AM   #6
proximity

actually they took the rookie OUT but we get your point zico.

rules need to be implemented to discourage the tanking.

like reversing wins and losses for the last month of the season for your draft record and maybe making last month record first tie breaker for playoff seeding. jmo.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2021, 06:50 AM   #7
delayjf

Quote:
Also, Dallas didn't beat a team with a winning record all season.
IMO, Dallas has so many holes to fill talent wise on the defensive and offensive line, they cannot afford a 40 million dollar a year QB (Prescott), rather they should sign Dalton for less than half that amount and spend the rest on other needs.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2021, 08:15 AM   #8
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Not a dime! I don't bet pro football. Stick to where the money is at; soccer, hockey, and baseball. Perfect example is the Eagles/Washington game. They put in a rookie QB with the game on the line. They aren't even trying to win. That doesn't happen in the three sports I mentioned.
Soccer? You bet on Soccer?

Never heard of that.........good luck!

I wouldn't even know where to start on Soccer..........
Old 01-04-2021, 11:48 PM   #9
MutuelClerk

Quote:
The Leafs tanked an entire season to get Auston Matthews. They weren't good that year, granted. But leaving players on the IR? You don't think the Astro's tanked in baseball? Probably hard to tank in soccer when all of them are lying down feigning injury. Yellow card me. I deserve it.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2021, 04:04 PM   #10
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
The Leafs tanked an entire season to get Auston Matthews. They weren't good that year, granted. But leaving players on the IR? You don't think the Astro's tanked in baseball? Probably hard to tank in soccer when all of them are lying down feigning injury. Yellow card me. I deserve it.
But everyone knew that ahead of time. Who decides to tank a game while it is in process. I upped it to a red card.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:57 PM   #11
ldiatone

McCarthy, Pittsburgh boy! Greenfield to b exact! (my dad grew up there)

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply