Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #16
dav4463

There is an ad in the DRF that says you can win $200 per day betting to show. It's been in there a lot, so it must work...........right?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #17
bisket

senort you already have solid foundation to become a good trifecta bettor. good job. you should seriously consider expanding your horizons.
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #18
senortout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket
senort you already have solid foundation to become a good trifecta bettor. good job. you should seriously consider expanding your horizons.
I just read your positive thoughts, thank you for those. Were quite a few not dependent on my fiscal well being I would most seriously consider something more along those lines.

But you do what you have to do first.

Oh, and I did play an exacta yesterday. Dead chalk. +.4 roi (boxed)The winner was returning in the feature at Delaware, "Warm" something or other name.

Last edited by senortout; 06-30-2010 at 12:18 PM.
senortout is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #19
SMOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav4463
There is an ad in the DRF that says you can win $200 per day betting to show. It's been in there a lot, so it must work...........right?
Don't all those systems for sale work?
SMOO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #20
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by senortout
I just read your positive thoughts, thank you for those. Were quite a few not dependent on my fiscal well being I would most seriously consider something more along those lines.

But you do what you have to do first.

Oh, and I did play an exacta yesterday. Dead chalk. +.4 roi (boxed)The winner was returning in the feature at Delaware, "Warm" something or other name.
What about the 10c superfecta wager? Your fiscal well being could more than likely handle that wager type, and, if you are consistent in your method and your wager structuring, you will probably see a dramatic improvement in your bankroll.

Example: using a key win horse and having determined the other 3 contenders (4 win contenders total), then adding, on the 3rd and 4th row, the best "opposite" running style as your key horse, this ticket would cost $1.80 with a 10c base wager:

WIN - KH (key win horse)
PLACE - C2,C3,C4 (other 3 contenders)
SHOW - C2,C3,C4,OS (OS=opposite running style of key horse, but not one of the other 3 contenders, E/EP=speed horses, P/S =closers)
4th - C2,C3,C4,OS (OS=opposite running style of key horse, but not one of the other 3 contenders, E/EP=speed horses, P/S =closers)

So, if your key horse (KH) is an E or EP (speed horse), then your OS horse would be a closer (P or S type), and vice versa.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America

Last edited by raybo; 07-01-2010 at 04:50 PM.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 06:36 PM   #21
senortout

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
What about the 10c superfecta wager? Your fiscal well being could more than likely handle that wager type, and, if you are consistent in your method and your wager structuring, you will probably see a dramatic improvement in your bankroll.

Example: using a key win horse and having determined the other 3 contenders (4 win contenders total), then adding, on the 3rd and 4th row, the best "opposite" running style as your key horse, this ticket would cost $1.80 with a 10c base wager:

WIN - KH (key win horse)
PLACE - C2,C3,C4 (other 3 contenders)
SHOW - C2,C3,C4,OS (OS=opposite running style of key horse, but not one of the other 3 contenders, E/EP=speed horses, P/S =closers)
4th - C2,C3,C4,OS (OS=opposite running style of key horse, but not one of the other 3 contenders, E/EP=speed horses, P/S =closers)

So, if your key horse (KH) is an E or EP (speed horse), then your OS horse would be a closer (P or S type), and vice versa.
Quite well presented, Ray. I have done the .10 superfecta, though on a purely recreational pursuit. I keep my deposit adw under $25.00, and the only time I use the dime is when I have less than the amount of a standard wager! Really makes ya think a bit about the outcome of a horse race and I have brought my account back to reasonable health on 2 or 3 occasions by doing this!

To continue my thread, I have lost $2 and change today wagering show at Churchill, Belmont and Arlington. Remember I defied anyone to bet show all day without having a winner....???and that day NONE WON? Well, today two of my selections 'let me down' and won, paying 31.00 and 5.40. I would have been comfortably in the black but oh well, I am resigned to those things occurring, doesn't faze me that much anymore!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #22
senortout

Heres todays record......the 31.00 horse occurred in the 9th at Arlington.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Thursday bets.JPG (44.7 KB, 47 views)
Old 07-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #23
senortout

I saved this pp under the heading 'current condition is the most important' heading! And I'm starting to believe it more each day. Look how this horse 'ain't done nuttin' til just lately......amazing....plus you would have thought they were gonna run all over her but she gutted it out, just like her name.

Good on ya Fuzzy Gut Girl...

senortout

Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuzzy gut girl.jpg (19.8 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by senortout; 07-01-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #24
completebill

"To continue my thread, I have lost $2 and change today wagering show at Churchill, Belmont and Arlington. Remember I defied anyone to bet show all day without having a winner....???and that day NONE WON? Well, today two of my selections 'let me down' and won, paying 31.00 and 5.40. I would have been comfortably in the black but oh well, I am resigned to those things occurring, doesn't faze me that much anymore!"

"Those things" SHOULD faze you. Your method/theory is akin to complete rejection of Evolution as a well-demonstrated scientific fact.

Believe (and bet) as you like, but there have been a LOT of studies done, testing over long periods of time, and against huge databases, comparing the results of win/place/show betting on any reasonable "best" selection in a race.

The results are overwhelming in favor of Win betting vs. show. In the long term (which is all that counts, you're simply throwing money away.
completebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #25
bisket

maybe the way to get your feet wet would be to try a super or tri when you play a 15-1 to show. when you have a good line saying 15-1 will finish top 3 thats when the exotics are really worth playing. with your hit rate that maybe the spot to try a few. just a thought. you hit one those and your betting account will be filled enough for a few years worth of fun and entertainment. usually 10-1 or better in the top three pays well.
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #26
senortout

Quote:
Originally Posted by completebill
"To continue my thread, I have lost $2 and change today wagering show at Churchill, Belmont and Arlington. Remember I defied anyone to bet show all day without having a winner....???and that day NONE WON? Well, today two of my selections 'let me down' and won, paying 31.00 and 5.40. I would have been comfortably in the black but oh well, I am resigned to those things occurring, doesn't faze me that much anymore!"

"Those things" SHOULD faze you. Your method/theory is akin to complete rejection of Evolution as a well-demonstrated scientific fact.

Believe (and bet) as you like, but there have been a LOT of studies done, testing over long periods of time, and against huge databases, comparing the results of win/place/show betting on any reasonable "best" selection in a race.

The results are overwhelming in favor of Win betting vs. show. In the long term (which is all that counts, you're simply throwing money away.
There is nowhere on God's Green Earth that says that MY show bets
have to return more to Me than would win bets on the same horse. I do know you mean well but I have done my homework. If it just means I am betting the wrong horses, then that is my error, but these horses, on average, do not pay as well to win. Again, you are stating the time honored and overall correct reasoning. No question of that.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: