Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-07-2018, 10:55 PM   #1
BCOURTNEY

Charlestown Race 8 - No willpay data for Pick 6

No will pay data for the Pick 6 prior to the start of the race?
BCOURTNEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2018, 11:37 PM   #2
Fox

Strange
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2018, 11:44 PM   #3
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOURTNEY View Post
No will pay data for the Pick 6 prior to the start of the race?
They never show it.
TiffaniO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2018, 01:39 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Is it a jackpot bet? If so I think they've done away with that since Gulfstream totally screwed it up a few years ago after a scratch meant there wasn't a lone winner.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2018, 02:04 PM   #5
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Is it a jackpot bet? If so I think they've done away with that since Gulfstream totally screwed it up a few years ago after a scratch meant there wasn't a lone winner.
I think that occurred at Louisiana Downs, not GP. I knew the two guys who thought they had the whole pool that day.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:12 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
I think that occurred at Louisiana Downs, not GP. I knew the two guys who thought they had the whole pool that day.
So is CT a jackpot bet?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2018, 05:19 PM   #7
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
So is CT a jackpot bet?
Yes
Old 06-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #8
BCOURTNEY

Quote:
Yes
This is what I thought as well which is why not having the willpay/jackpot amounts prior to the race being let off is odd - pool integrity becomes questionable.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:53 PM   #9
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
This is what I thought as well which is why not having the willpay/jackpot amounts prior to the race being let off is odd - pool integrity becomes questionable.
Charles town never posts it... never ever ever... call the mutual department... they haven’t a clue and I guarantee you that you’ll get a smart ass answer from them lol

Most tracks will not post it anymore if there is a scratch on the final race, even AEs. I know this to be a fact at GP and LRL and Pimlico.

Several years ago, at LaD, in their jackpot pick 5, two guys had a horse of Al Stall’s alive for the whole pool, at least that is what the will pays indicated. A horse that was scratched that morning had a ticket alive to it. Stall’s horse took late money and the scratch moved to Stall’s horse making it 2 tickets, thus no jackpot.

That is why most tracks won’t indicate it now if there are any scratches.

Here is a link to the story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.19251ca812b7

Last edited by TiffaniO; 06-08-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:15 PM   #10
BCOURTNEY

Quote:
Charles town never posts it... never ever ever... call the mutual department... they haven’t a clue and I guarantee you that you’ll get a smart ass answer from them lol

Most tracks will not post it anymore if there is a scratch on the final race, even AEs. I know this to be a fact at GP and LRL and Pimlico.

Several years ago, at LaD, in their jackpot pick 5, two guys had a horse of Al Stall’s alive for the whole pool, at least that is what the will pays indicated. A horse that was scratched that morning had a ticket alive to it. Stall’s horse took late money and the scratch moved to Stall’s horse making it 2 tickets, thus no jackpot.

That is why most tracks won’t indicate it now if there are any scratches.

Here is a link to the story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.19251ca812b7
So rather than address the problem with a rule change or a different approach, they intentionally withhold information and decrease pool transparency on the most exotic wager offered, reducing the pool integrity. It's hard to imagine its legal they can offer a wager for a fixed price with a unpublished and non deterministic outcome, sounds like a game of chance not skill, murky waters there.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #11
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
So rather than address the problem with a rule change or a different approach, they intentionally withhold information and decrease pool transparency on the most exotic wager offered, reducing the pool integrity. It's hard to imagine its legal they can offer a wager for a fixed price with a unpublished and non deterministic outcome, sounds like a game of chance not skill, murky waters there.
All I can say is... call every Racing commission in the country and voice your opinion and concerns.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: