Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-11-2023, 03:57 PM   #46
bisket

I think racing would be better served if CDI sold their tracks. I was more than unhappy with the way they handled the Arlington Park situation.

I think both things can be true in the Baffert situation. Yeah owners of Medina Spirit should have lost the purse for the derby. The drug was in the horses system race day. There is also nothing wrong with Baffert defending himself by saying I didn't inject the drug in the horse's leg; it was a salve to get rid of a rash. The testing did reveal it wasn't injected. It was an illegal race day drug so yeah a penalty should be served, but there is nothing wrong with Baffert emphasizing it wasn't injected...
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2023, 04:21 PM   #47
bisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Maybe CD "good old homenoys" got tired of an outsider coming in and winning so many race with a far less suspicious reputation than they have.
Somehow, I am unable to use the words integrity and VD in the sentence unless I follow it up with a
A few historical facts about the derby and Kentucky racing. The only horses that have been removed from a first place finish in the derby were bought on the cheap and had suspect breeding. The first time I've seen Kentucky do something bad for business in the 42 years I've bet on this sport was when they wouldn't allow Forte to race this year. That's the first time I saw them piss off an owner with deep pockets at the sales. I would think HISA and the fact that horses were dying left and right had more to do with that then protecting horse and rider.
Old 07-11-2023, 06:31 PM   #48
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
A few historical facts about the derby and Kentucky racing. The only horses that have been removed from a first place finish in the derby were bought on the cheap and had suspect breeding. The first time I've seen Kentucky do something bad for business in the 42 years I've bet on this sport was when they wouldn't allow Forte to race this year. That's the first time I saw them piss off an owner with deep pockets at the sales. I would think HISA and the fact that horses were dying left and right had more to do with that then protecting horse and rider.
Dancers Image has entered the chat...
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2023, 02:32 PM   #49
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Dancers Image has entered the chat...
That was always Peter Fuller's contention. The DQ of Dancer's Image meant victory for Forward Pass, a Calumet horse at a time Calumet was Kentucky royalty and Fuller was an outsider.

I always found Peter Fuller kind of neat- insisting on putting his daughter on his superlative filly Mom's Command and winning all sorts of big races with her.

But, you know, Bute was illegal back then, the horse tested positive, and I didn't really think Fuller had a leg to stand on.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2023, 02:43 PM   #50
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
That was always Peter Fuller's contention. The DQ of Dancer's Image meant victory for Forward Pass, a Calumet horse at a time Calumet was Kentucky royalty and Fuller was an outsider.

I always found Peter Fuller kind of neat- insisting on putting his daughter on his superlative filly Mom's Command and winning all sorts of big races with her.

But, you know, Bute was illegal back then, the horse tested positive, and I didn't really think Fuller had a leg to stand on.
An outsider who supported things anathema to many KY hardboots.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2023, 07:31 PM   #51
bisket

Add the treatment of Saphie Joseph was above the pale as well. It’s obvious CDI is more interested in changing the subject than offering solutions.