Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-21-2009, 08:28 PM   #46
The Hawk
Registered User
 
The Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 1,199
I don't have Youbet, but I heard someone at the track yesterday say NYRA is also off that site as well. He was saying you get only audio during the race, with a black screen, until the race is official. Then the video comes back on. Not sure if this is true or not.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 02:50 AM   #47
samyn on the green
Registered User
 
samyn on the green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY USA
Posts: 974
YOUBET streams NYRA to every state they operate in except New York. You can thank OTB for pressuring the state to prohibit on-line video streaming of NYRA racing within New York. Supposedly racefans are supposed to start streaming into the OTB's and track with no on-line video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk
I don't have Youbet, but I heard someone at the track yesterday say NYRA is also off that site as well. He was saying you get only audio during the race, with a black screen, until the race is official. Then the video comes back on. Not sure if this is true or not.
samyn on the green is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #48
Pacingguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green
YOUBET streams NYRA to every state they operate in except New York. You can thank OTB for pressuring the state to prohibit on-line video streaming of NYRA racing within New York. Supposedly racefans are supposed to start streaming into the OTB's and track with no on-line video.
Of course they are. The rules are written by politicians and they need to make sure the nephews have a job. If you could get a live signal at home OTB would even be more in the red.
Pacingguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #49
Tom
Registered User
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 79,803
I can't watch NYRA live except on TVG or HRTV, and TVG is on delay sometimes. I live 7 mile from FL and cannot bet it at all on the net.

Stupid state we live in. My wagering dollars are now 100% going out of state.
Screw NY, Screw FL, Screw NYRA.

What a totally studid industry this is.
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #50
miesque
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,250
What NYRA can or cannot do on its own site is not relevant to this particular conversation as far as I see it because Joe P. Customer at HPI or 4NJBets flat out doesnít give a rats ass about what NYRA can or cannot do on its own ADW site. What they do care about is that before this little shakedown for some extra cash by NYRA they were able to watch the races live and now they canít. Its really just that simple. In addition, there are plenty of alternative tracks to play and here is the reason why I donít think you will see either HPI or 4NJBets fork over the extra money and why I think it was a bit foolish of NYRA to play hardball (in addition to obvious factor of needlessly pissing off your customer base, but they can't help that they are too gifted at it), both of those entities have competing tracks which could feasibly be the beneficiary and get some more action if those playing NYRA get ticked off and decide to play elsewhere and if that is the case, they will make a lot more money per dollar wagered.
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #51
Tom
Registered User
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 79,803
I don't think they intended to hurt the fans. I doubt they even ever considered the fans.
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #52
turfnsport
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP
Yes forgot that out of state folks are fine watching NYRA but those of us that live in the state are screwed
Wait a sec... Are you telling me NY residents cannot watch NYRA races live on youbet or TW??

That's news to me, unbelieveable!
turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #53
titans1127
Harness racing Fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 313
Yeah ny residents can't watch nyra online through any of the adw's. Xpressbet takes nyra and I think finger lakes to bet but they don't let you watch it from their site. They don't allow ny residents to watch or wager on the my harness tracks at all. The only way around this that I know of is to sign up for an account on www.youbet.net and when they ask for a zip code give one from a state that has no restrictions and you can watch the ny tracks with no restrictions.
titans1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #54
KM1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 20
I researched the official DRF charts and discovered the following:

First 8 days handle 2007 Belmont Fall Meet: 58 million

First 8 days handle 2008 Belmont Fall Meet: 50 million

First 8 days handle 2009 Belmont Fall Meet: 43 million

Keep up the good work NYRA!
KM1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #55
miesque
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,250
Who wants to bet that within the next month or two there will be some articles surfacing with lots of hand wringing about how NYRA desperately needs the VLT situation sped up because they are running out of cash quicker then they had initially anticipated.
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #56
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis
 
OTM Al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 9,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I can't watch NYRA live except on TVG or HRTV, and TVG is on delay sometimes. I live 7 mile from FL and cannot bet it at all on the net.

Stupid state we live in. My wagering dollars are now 100% going out of state.
Screw NY, Screw FL, Screw NYRA.

What a totally studid industry this is.
You can bet it on the net Tom, but you need yet another account, NYRA's, which you as a NY resident are entitled to get. I like it though when I bet at home I just watch on TV.

Just as a side note, I've been looking into how to bet English and Irish tracks and guess what? You need 2 different accounts to be able to cover that as well. I'm just waiting til OTB system blows up (and I'm starting to believe it might) and then things should change quite a bit.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2009, 02:15 AM   #57
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 50,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by miesque
What NYRA can or cannot do on its own site is not relevant to this particular conversation as far as I see it because Joe P. Customer at HPI or 4NJBets flat out doesnít give a rats ass about what NYRA can or cannot do on its own ADW site.
Actually, it's quite relevant, as it illustrates perfectly how absolutely ****ED UP this industry is at times...it makes the non-video at HPI or 4NJBets seem tame by comparison...

There is NO REASON why NYRA should be restricted from showing their races LIVE on their own website...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #58
KM1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 20
Possible Reason For This Situation

If you go to www.equidaily.com and click on the third article from the top

which starts with "Unseen", there is a very interesting article. There is a

reference to the New Jersey Racing Commission starting with the 15th

paragraph. I posted a comment at the end of the article. We'll see if anyone

responds.


Something else I found interesting: If you go to www.thebigm.com and enter

NYRA in the search engine, you'll find every press release regarding any

interruption in wagering or video from NYRA that was NYRA's fault, yet

nothing this time around.
KM1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #59
Stevie Belmont
Registered User
 
Stevie Belmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Meadowlands
Posts: 1,908
Still no end in sight...

Another weekend with no video...

Good Job to all those involved...
__________________
http://www.thoroughbredzone.com
Stevie Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #60
Pacingguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1234
If you go to www.equidaily.com and click on the third article from the top

which starts with "Unseen", there is a very interesting article. There is a

reference to the New Jersey Racing Commission starting with the 15th

paragraph. I posted a comment at the end of the article. We'll see if anyone

responds.


Something else I found interesting: If you go to www.thebigm.com and enter

NYRA in the search engine, you'll find every press release regarding any

interruption in wagering or video from NYRA that was NYRA's fault, yet

nothing this time around.
Probably because it is not NYRA's fault. My guess is 4njbets was trying to say they were an extension of simulcasting when in fact they are an ADW. I also guess they don't want to pay for the NYRA signal because if they do that, they will have to start paying fees for all the other tracks like ADWs do. By ignoring the situation, they can continue disputing the fact they are an ADW.
Pacingguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Best Effort?
30 30 30 30 - 10.87%
5 Votes
29 29 31 31 - 8.70%
4 Votes
31 31 29 29 - 26.09%
12 Votes
31 29 31 29 - 6.52%
3 Votes
31 29 29 31 - 6.52%
3 Votes
29 31 31 29 - 21.74%
10 Votes
29 31 29 31 - 4.35%
2 Votes
All the same - 15.22%
7 Votes
Total Votes: 46
Non-members may not vote on this poll.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2017 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher