Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #16
mostpost
Registered User
 
mostpost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Riverside, Il.
Posts: 11,286
Rep Power: 0 mostpost mostpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
According to Southwest's own figures these one time expenses amount to 2,6% of their annual profits.
__________________
Proud Posessor of Zero Rep Points.
mostpost is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #17
Clocker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14,752
Rep Power: 22 Clocker is a jewel in the roughClocker is a jewel in the roughClocker is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
According to Southwest's own figures these one time expenses amount to 2,6% of their annual profits.
How much "should" they give? What would Obama and his minions deem to be the "fair share"?
__________________
A man's got to know his limitations. -- Dirty Harry
Clocker is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 03:43 PM   #18
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,858
Rep Power: 17 davew has a spectacular aura aboutdavew has a spectacular aura aboutdavew has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
How much "should" they give? What would Obama and his minions deem to be the "fair share"?
enough to insure bankruptcy in the next couple years, because corporations are bad
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 03:59 PM   #19
AndyC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,690
Rep Power: 10 AndyC has a spectacular aura aboutAndyC has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
According to Southwest's own figures these one time expenses amount to 2,6% of their annual profits.
How much are their tax savings as a percentage of annual profits? What are the plans for the additional profits from tax relief? Would buying new planes or paying down debt be a bad thing?
AndyC is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 04:55 PM   #20
reckless
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: near Philadelphia
Posts: 3,733
Rep Power: 22 reckless is a jewel in the roughreckless is a jewel in the roughreckless is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
How much "should" they give? What would Obama and his minions deem to be the "fair share"?
That question has been asked zillions to the lefties and guess what? They never give an answer, as you well know.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #21
JustRalph
Just another Facist
 
JustRalph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Now in Houston
Posts: 40,959
Rep Power: 63 JustRalph is a splendid one to beholdJustRalph is a splendid one to beholdJustRalph is a splendid one to beholdJustRalph is a splendid one to beholdJustRalph is a splendid one to beholdJustRalph is a splendid one to behold
You would piss on your own birthday cake if it had Republican candles






Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
WOW!!! What generosity!! A $1200 bonus is fifty eight cents an hour over one year. A $1000 bonus is forty eight cents an hour and the $1500 per worker that one of the banks is adding to the pension benefits, comes out to seventy three cents an hour. All of those are one time payouts.

As for the $3 an hour increase in the minimum wage; how many employees will that actually affect? I doubt that there are very many minimum wage workers at any bank; certainly not the tellers, not the accountants. not the folks working in the loan department or the mortgage department, not the personal bankers or those working with businesses. I suspect even the custodial staff is making well in excess of minimum wage.

So, except for a tiny percentage, the banks are raising the wages of no one.
In return for which, their tax rate is being reduced by 40%.
__________________
SHUT UP AND BET!
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #22
Clocker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14,752
Rep Power: 22 Clocker is a jewel in the roughClocker is a jewel in the roughClocker is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
You would piss on your own birthday cake if it had Republican candles
Especially after the insult of a lousy little 25% wage increase.
__________________
A man's got to know his limitations. -- Dirty Harry
Clocker is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #23
chadk66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,090
Rep Power: 13 chadk66 is a jewel in the roughchadk66 is a jewel in the roughchadk66 is a jewel in the roughchadk66 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
That question has been asked zillions to the lefties and guess what? They never give an answer, as you well know.
They do that with many questions such as "what is the ideal temperature for the earth"
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 09:30 PM   #24
Tom
Registered User
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 85,521
Rep Power: 111 Tom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to beholdTom is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
You would piss on your own birthday cake if it had Republican candles
Note to self:

September 9, 2018......buy cake and RED CANDLES!
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 09:50 PM   #25
reckless
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: near Philadelphia
Posts: 3,733
Rep Power: 22 reckless is a jewel in the roughreckless is a jewel in the roughreckless is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
WOW!!! What generosity!! A $1200 bonus is fifty eight cents an hour over one year. A $1000 bonus is forty eight cents an hour and the $1500 per worker that one of the banks is adding to the pension benefits, comes out to seventy three cents an hour. All of those are one time payouts.

As for the $3 an hour increase in the minimum wage; how many employees will that actually affect? I doubt that there are very many minimum wage workers at any bank; certainly not the tellers, not the accountants. not the folks working in the loan department or the mortgage department, not the personal bankers or those working with businesses. I suspect even the custodial staff is making well in excess of minimum wage.

So, except for a tiny percentage, the banks are raising the wages of no one.
In return for which, their tax rate is being reduced by 40%.
When you got all those raises over your 30-40 your career in the Post Office how much profit did the USPS show in those years? I assume pay raises and bonuses come from profits, no?

Also, many of those PO's upper level management types nationwide got yearly bonuses on a fairly regular basis despite the PO annually losing money, annually losing customers and annually becoming less and less efficient under their 'leadership'.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 11:24 PM   #26
mostpost
Registered User
 
mostpost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Riverside, Il.
Posts: 11,286
Rep Power: 0 mostpost mostpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
That question has been asked zillions to the lefties and guess what? They never give an answer, as you well know.
It hasn't been answered because it is a stupid question. What I do know is that as long as CEO compensation is thousands of times worker compensation, it is not a fair share.
__________________
Proud Posessor of Zero Rep Points.
mostpost is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 11:27 PM   #27
mostpost
Registered User
 
mostpost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Riverside, Il.
Posts: 11,286
Rep Power: 0 mostpost mostpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Note to self:

September 9, 2018......buy cake and RED CANDLES!
Thank you for remembering my birthday. Here is a trivia question for you.
What historical event occurred one year to the day prior to the day you were born?
__________________
Proud Posessor of Zero Rep Points.
mostpost is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 11:44 PM   #28
mostpost
Registered User
 
mostpost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Riverside, Il.
Posts: 11,286
Rep Power: 0 mostpost mostpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
When you got all those raises over your 30-40 your career in the Post Office how much profit did the USPS show in those years? I assume pay raises and bonuses come from profits, no?

Also, many of those PO's upper level management types nationwide got yearly bonuses on a fairly regular basis despite the PO annually losing money, annually losing customers and annually becoming less and less efficient under their 'leadership'.
In 2006, the Republican Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act, a blatant attempt to destroy USPS and replace it with a for profit postal system. The PAEA required USPS to pay up to $5.8B a year to fund future employee health benefits. I mean way future-like 75 years.
Were it not for those payments, USPS would have shown a surplus in 11 of the last 13 years.

As far as raises are concerned, aside from COLA, I do not recall a wage increase over 1.5% in the last 20 years before I retired and many times not even that. One of managements favorite tricks was to give a one time bonus in lieu of a pay raise. Which meant that the next time the contract came up your base was the same as it had been at the previous contract.
__________________
Proud Posessor of Zero Rep Points.
mostpost is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2018, 12:07 AM   #29
Track Collector
Horseracing Fairs Fan!!!
 
Track Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,342
Rep Power: 16 Track Collector has a spectacular aura aboutTrack Collector has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
WOW!!! What generosity!! A $1200 bonus is fifty eight cents an hour over one year. A $1000 bonus is forty eight cents an hour and the $1500 per worker that one of the banks is adding to the pension benefits, comes out to seventy three cents an hour. All of those are one time payouts.

As for the $3 an hour increase in the minimum wage; how many employees will that actually affect? I doubt that there are very many minimum wage workers at any bank; certainly not the tellers, not the accountants. not the folks working in the loan department or the mortgage department, not the personal bankers or those working with businesses. I suspect even the custodial staff is making well in excess of minimum wage.

So, except for a tiny percentage, the banks are raising the wages of no one.
In return for which, their tax rate is being reduced by 40%.
Another appearance of the Christmas Grinch, or perhaps the Domino's Noid.

The benefits of those who received them may not have been up to YOUR ideal, but I'm sure those who did receive them were happy about them regardless!!
__________________
Next Non-Local Track Visit(s): Prineville, OR --> 07/11 thru 07/14. Emerald Downs 07/15.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2018, 12:13 AM   #30
Track Collector
Horseracing Fairs Fan!!!
 
Track Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,342
Rep Power: 16 Track Collector has a spectacular aura aboutTrack Collector has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
As far as raises are concerned, aside from COLA, I do not recall a wage increase over 1.5% in the last 20 years before I retired and many times not even that. One of managements favorite tricks was to give a one time bonus in lieu of a pay raise. Which meant that the next time the contract came up your base was the same as it had been at the previous contract.
You DID have the option to pursue another line of employment, but decided the USPS was your best option, despite this pattern of trickery, right?
__________________
Next Non-Local Track Visit(s): Prineville, OR --> 07/11 thru 07/14. Emerald Downs 07/15.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Meet Sheet Factors
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.