Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 01:25 PM   #16
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
At this stage I'm mildly interested in Vequest, but I need to look at some others better. Vequest was ahead of Dayoutoftheoffice early, then dropped back inside and allowed the latter to get position ahead of her. She was waiting in the pocket near the inside when Dayoutoftheoffice made her move and got the jump.

I've been wondering if she can turn the tables????
Vequist on pedigree might ultimately have more stamina than Dayoutoftheoffice and she was forced to make her move perhaps earlier than need be when the latter broke the race open at the top of the stretch. However, she also struggled to switch leads in the stretch and only offered a modest rally late.

Quote:
I'm also not a giant fan of Simply Ravishing given last out one of the other speeds didn't break and another wasn't used. As impressive as she was, she wound up getting loose and going slow early by default.
Simply Ravishing had complete control of the race last out but she seemed to be willing to settle in her prior start prompting a fast pace so I don't think she's one-dimensional. In fact, she has the most versatile record with a 2-turn turf win while stalking, a wire-to-wire 2-turn dirt win, and a win in an extended sprint; all 3 at different tracks.

Quote:
If you are willing to take a stab against Princess Noor, Dayoutofthoffice, and Simply Ravishing you'll probably have a good first day if you are right, but it may be a lot to ask to beat all three unless you think someone is very likely to jump up.
What do you think of Girl Daddy? I don't know what figure she earned but she stalked a fast pace in the Pocahontas and powered clear before finishing strongly through the wire. Crazy Beautiful, beaten favorite in that race and the Alcibiades, is a pretty good measuring stick; she had a tough trip but made no impression on Girl Daddy in the late stages.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)