Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 06:19 PM   #25298
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

A
Quote:
nd I answered your dumb question about love and faith. Genuine faith always works through love. Since regeneration precedes faith and repentance and the Holy Spirit is love, then all regenerated saints have the the love of God within them which enables them, in turn, to love God and exercise saving faith. I bet you don't know that the Pharisees didn't believe in Jesus because they didn't have the love of God in them, do you?
A meaningless answer as I never asked you about love and faith. I asked you about if loving God is required before you are saved. It is impossible to have a civil conversation with you.

The misunderstanding about when regeneration takes place is on me. I was not clear enough. I wanted to know the time frame and not the sequence of events. So my fault mea culpa.

Quote:
Since you say your bible is silent on the exact words of Paul and/or Silas, then you should toss your corrupted version. Isn't Act 16:31 in your Catholic bible? If it is you have the exact words Paul and/or Silas spoke to the jailer. So...why are you lying again? Did they preach a false gospel to the jailer? Did they lead him astray?
However, I am sure even without out knowing what Apostle Paul actually stated when he spoke to the jailer, that Paul told the Gospel which Jesus personally taught Paul. Not only did they not lie, they baptized him.

Tell me the exact words you seem to know they spake according to verse 32. Did they just say "word of the Lord"?

Quote:
Now, you're catching on. True disciples of Christ preach the same gospel as Jesus and Paul did. So...that makes my gospel equal to theirs. I add nothing to it, nor subtract anything from it.
So we are back to that you are the pillar and truth, you are infallible and every other preacher who claims their source of authority to interpret Scripture comes from the Bible is wrong and should bow to you. And you say I have a high opinion of myself. I have news for you boxcar I caught on about you long ago.

Quote:
The only reason we know is because the bible reveals that to us. Does your bible tell you where every dead person who has ever lived is currently residing in eternity? I'm sure many of us would love to see that revelation.
No. However it tells us specific people who are and if you believe Jesus all those who were martyred, losing their earthly lives for Jesus sake have received life. So why do you continue to say we don't know who is heaven. We may not know everyone that is heaven, but we certainly know some. Knowing that God is the God of the living we can be confident in that knowledge.

Quote:
But I thought you Catholics ate the body (literally) of Christ and drank is blood (literally) only at the sacrament of Communion? So...are you saying that no one can be saved unless he's in a Catholic church taking communion? What about that repentant thief on the Cross you just mentioned? Did he take Communion? Are you saying that the sacrament of Communion is prerequisite to salvation? No once can be saved unless he or she receives Communion RCC-style?
That you have to ask Jesus. I said according to Jesus you have no life in you. John, in his Gospel, recorded Jesus' words about not having life if you don't eat his flesh and drink his blood. So according to Jesus you have no life in you and thus you are spiritually dead, because you are certainly alive in your flesh or you would not be posting.

Quote:
Wow! You have a lot of weight with the Eternal Father. You snap your fingers and he jumps!
I have a lot of faith in Jesus and the weight of his glory he carries with the Eternal Father. Jesus said anything you ask of the Father, in my name, will be given to you. I asked the Father to forgive you in the name of Jesus. You don't believe Scripture do you?

Quote:
And what about the people Jesus spoke to in John 6 which occurred way before the Last Supper at which the sacrament of communion was instituted? What if any of them truly believed but died before the revelation of the institution of the sacrament reached their ears? Or did they engage in cannibalism?
Interesting, you bring the exact same charge of cannibalism against Christianity as the pagan Romans did.

Quote:
Don't you know how to "test the spirits" to see if someone is teaching or preaching truth?
Obviously I do. That is how I know your teachings are not infallible and there is no Scriptural truth in you. Which is evidenced by your jeering at the idea the Eternal Father would grant you forgiveness for your false accusations against me, as asked in the name of Jesus. Did you forget I always ask you the source of your authority to teach and interpret Scripture?

Quote:
But I have to call you a liar. For I never proclaimed that my interpretations were infallible.
Do I have to quote you again, or did you forget when you called me a liar before regarding your infallibility?

Quote:
Again, you lie. I am the Church. I am a living stone of the Christ's church! I along with all other true disciples of Christ am the Church! I am also a priest of the Most High God, along with all other true believer
You are not the Church, you maybe a part of the Church. I am a priest of the royal priesthood too. I can offer a sacrifice of praise, spiritual sacrifices directly to the Most High God. That is why the Eternal Father will grant my prayer of forgiveness for you, because of my royal priesthood through Jesus.

However, a stone is not the complete structure and therefore by itself is not the pillar and foundation of truth.

And you tell me you believe Scripture. Tell us again the chapter and verse which teaches boxcar is the pillar and foundation of the truth.

Quote:
Eph 2:19-22
19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20 having been built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together is growing into a holy temple in the Lord; 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.
NASB
Exactly, that is why I belong to the Catholic Church. There is a visible Church. The visible Church built upon Peter, founded by Jesus per the will of the Eternal Father and empowered by the Holy Spirit. My Church is built upon the foundation of the Apostles, with Jesus as the cornerstone. There also is the invisible Church of which you speak.

I asked you before about your visible Church, if it had any of the signs of my visible Church? Does it pleas tell?

Quote:
So...tell us, please: What must we all do to be saved?. Let's hear the Gospel of Christ from the "sanctified" but unauthorized lips of a Roman Catholic! What must we all do to be saved? What must we all do to be justified in God's sight?
Are you going to revert back to your original visible Church, the Church of your baptism? If not I will leave you where you are.

You seem to have a problem understanding who your enemies are. Your enemies are not flesh and blood. I am flesh and blood so I am not your enemy, but you treat me as one. I sincerely hope you get everything you hope for.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 07-23-2016 at 06:23 PM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)