Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 03:19 PM   #9
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Agreed, but Im saying I only took the vax because Trump did, which kind of shoots what PA said to hell

We know you took the vax because the experts at your prestigious University gave you the green light that it is safe.

Seriously, I get your point, but I think you are missing the strong tribalism, especially coming from the left. You know the snobby, intellectual types that think if you did not graduate Harvard or Yale and receive the proper amount of indoctrination, you are perhaps beneath them and not worthy of having an opinion. You know the "deplorables" IMO, somehow the alignment of the left and the MSM, has just given them a power to sell anything to those on the left and with blind loyalty (and I know you are not on the left). Of course their argument will be that the same can be said of Trump and his supporters. To some extent that is true. Clearly Trump has a blind following. Others just respected the fact things went fairly well while he was President. That being said I think there are a whole bunch of folks that are in between. The problem is that a lot of traditional democrats have no fricking clue how much their party has shifted. The gradual progression left has molded their thought process.

At this point you are either on the side of extreme leftism or you are on the side of Trump (which has been vilified so much that many in the middle shifted towards Biden in the election). Those in the middle are truly between a rock and a hard place.

I believe that the strategy worked so well with Trump they will continue to use it with him and Desantis and just about any other Republican that shows strong opposition to their ways. You know the sound bites, mislabels and mischaracterizations that the msm is so good at.

Because of this tribalism, I agree with the basics of what Pa is saying no matter what stance Trump has on the vaccines. For many it is not about truth anymore it is about our side or their side. If the New York Times or Washington Post say something it is true if Tucker Carlson or any other conservative outlet says something, it is fake news. As Margie Rose just said, that is not thinking for yourself. This is what our country has evolved into.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)