Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 07:51 PM   #34
RunDustyRun

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
See, this is where I think people just see what they want to see. Batista on the 6 is whipping in deep stretch less than 50 yards from the wire, and he's moving his hands just as much as Gallardo on the 5. He certainly doesn't stop riding.

But then the other part about Gallardo's 2000th...so in your mind they were fixing the race for Gallardo, and the plan was not to let Gallardo clearly win, but to have another rider urge his horse hard to get past Gallardo's near the wire, but then let Gallardo come back in what would have to be perfectly timed execution for the win? Does that make sense to you?

With that said, the camera went right to the 5 after the wire, so obviously someone there thought the 5 won it. Grunder was confused but in this case I don't blame him because to the naked eye it looked like the 6 or a dead heat.
I had no money on the race so could have cared less but the fact is Batista only had his left hand on the reins as he approached the wire and after he passed...he did some half ass whipping with his right when he should have been pumping forward with both hands...he had all the momentum and stopped riding...conspiracy or stupidity I have no idea...
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement