Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 01:06 PM   #13
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
How do you define "the industry?" I'm sure there is racism in horse racing just like there is in every other business. The industry is made up of human beings. But as a whole fine with racism? I don't buy that for a second.

Just like in real life, I think the vast majority of people are not racist. I also think it is getting better and better with younger generations. Maybe racing is a little slower because we are not a young person's sport for the most part but as that group advances up the ladder in racing (and everywhere else), racism is going to be more and more ostracized.
Do you think Grape Juice was the first racist horse name?

How many anti-Hispanic slurs do you think get thrown around the backstretch by white trainers here in California?

I agree with you that younger generations are getting better. But I think the target of EG's racism working for a powerful actor in the racing industry has a lot to do with why he is being (correctly) punished. Racism directed at less powerful targets gets ignored all the time.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)