Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
kenwoodallpromos

Problems: Communications, market testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
your post makes alot of sense. however there is alot more wrong with the game today than just takeout. fixing bits and pieces might be a start but it needs a complete revamp. and most importantly an individual that can lead this game back to where it was.
IMHO the 2 main problems where racing falls short are communications and market testing.
I see little market testing or asking for feedback by the decision makers on many aspects of betting, on-track activities and pricing, public relations, informing and attracting the public, or potential sponsorship. Very limited at best.
I do not seee 2-way communications even as much as bettors do on PA or even better via email lists restricted to owners, breeders, or organizations with no power but carrying titles (NTRA, HBPA, TOBA, and the TRA has no very active mailing list). There needs to 1 national office for communications of or interacting with the former entities I mentioned, along with providing constant positive press releases to the public media and helping organize activities aimed at influencing the public toward racing. Sort of like the media wing of presidential campaigns, working all levels of publicity and keeping in touch with all levels of the organization.
Also, TBred racing and industry needs to work closely with organizations of other racing breeds- they have a more unified authority I believe, so it should not be too hard. A number of TBred tracks as well as fairs and Qtrs tracks have more than 1 breed racing. At the Ca racing fairs we have TBred, Qtr, Mules, Arabians, and Appaloosa racing. Even trotting is ruiled by the same state authorities and use many of the same rules and betting system.
As I have stated previously, racing needs to use 2 of its potential marketing advantages aimed toward young people= enough aspects of handicapping to use as an overall teaching tools, and enough varied businesses and carreers at the track and with racehorse owners to show High School Seniors between morning break and 2nd half workouts what the working world is all about, college or otherwise (on a volunteer basis). At the same time, give interested students a card with I.D.# for future free discounts and free handicapping lessons by experienced handicappers who would earn freebies.

Last edited by kenwoodallpromos; 07-29-2009 at 08:46 PM.
kenwoodallpromos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement