Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
FlyinLate

If everyone thinks it is in trouble now, 20 years from now there will be some serious trouble. Being young myself (22), I can say that there is very little appeal to horse racing to my age group. Very few people my age attend the races. They do nothing to target our age group when they should realize that their future is in our hands. I've been going to the races since I was about 13. Why? Because my dad/uncle are regulars over at the OTB and Balmoral out here in IL. If my dad wasn't into horse racing I would guarentee that I never would have gotten into it the way I did. 75% of the people my age couldn't even explain the difference between harness and thoroughbred racing. Tracks need to start targeting younger crowds, whether it be free admission/program/hot dog whatever, they just need something. I've managed to turn a few of my friends onto horse racing, but still most aren't appealed by it.
FlyinLate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)