Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Software Idea
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 02:03 AM   #9
teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Steve, my programmer extraordinaire...and I were discussing Teddy's post. The first thought was--what parameters would you need to start? See...if you simply look for trainers with a negative ROI, that's not workable. Some "logo" trainers, as Mark Cramer calls them, are so overbet just on name alone--they may show a 35% win rate-but a neg ROI.

We didn't pursue it any further...but this is a total clusterf____, with just -ROI's. I'm thinking max 10% win, and 20 races min could work...but who knows? Here's what it looked like today for SA

So the plan would be to dutch the other horses in the race with good angles. Positive roi,and play against the overbet losing roi horses. Clearly there is some dead money in there. Just an idea.....always trying something... Lots of trainers win high percentage but are .50 roi. Big payoffs when you bet against them. If you have the other legit horses.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)