Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Software Idea
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 12:31 PM   #5
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
You can see all of that in several programs already.

I might think that your idea was probably good in the 80's. But with Super Trainers and form reversals with the crooks, you are going to get burned many times making your printout useless
Aside from what you mentioned, the nature of TStats has always been how difficult it is to properly apply the statistics.

It's just so difficult to decipher the GO signs from the STOP signs.

The big challenges (for a programmer) would be the collection of a massive amount of data (to build the many trainer stats) and the programmability by the end user to select which angles they want to use.

Even more - the idea that those angles would be modifiable.

IOW, this is not trivial programming.

(This part is not meant as a commercial)
In HSH, we have very robust trainer stats. Most are angles the handicapper has never seen before anywhere.

Best example being Performance Stats
Specifically, stuff like "How does the trainer do when his horse is RANKED 1st (or 2nd,3rd,FH,RH) for speed rating in the last race? (or best-of-last-2, BL3, BL4, Avg2, Avg3, etc.)
They are also "programmable," so that you can use or not use whatever you want, including IVs, $Nets, PIV, total wins, "trying ratio" (i.e. Does this horse look like the trainer is trying today?)

As I recall, this was roughly 150-200 hours of programming for me.

Definitely does not lend itself to be anything remotely close to "pretzel pricing." LOL
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)