Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 11:22 AM   #103
craigbraddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Sounds like me, I even liked Alan Buchdahl, the back up announcer at Santa Anita. I even moved around so much in SoCal till I hit my 30's we may have lived in the same city. SoCal also had Chick Hearn, Dick Enberg, and Vin Scully at that same time calling team sports. I think back in the day SoCal
had the cream of announcers through out sports, so anyone who grew up there was definitely spoiled.

That being said this maybe a rough crowd, but a lot of the criticism is deserved. I am pulling for her, I go listen to all the race calls that are referenced and always hope to see improvement. So far I really don't see much. I know it is a tough job, that not many excel at, but one has to wonder why they threw her to the wolves as green as she is. You always wonder what goes on behind closed doors.

I got a totally unexpected phone call from Alan Buchdahl earlier this year, wanting to comment on one of my race calls where he thought he saw an area I could improve in. Never had met Alan, have no idea how he got my number, but was very happy to learn from an experienced announcer.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)