Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 11:18 AM   #12
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I can never forget the 1970 World Series. Reds and Orioles.

I was about 12 and even I was aware of the crappy trade that the Reds had made and watching the Orioles whip the Reds with Robinson was a beat down.

But the real killer in that series was Brooks Robinson. He batted .429 and killed the Reds pitching.

CJ's Dad called me one day when I lived in Dallas. He told me that ESPN was running an hour long program on that series late that night. We hooked up on the phone and watched it together. He had actually attended one of the games. It was great hearing his take on the series.

When I lived in Baltimore I had met Boog Powell through CJ's dad. I recall hating that guy during the series

CJ's dad and I were sitting in a restaurant once and Brooks Robinson came in, one of the first people he waved to across the room was Dennis.........

Frank Robinson was treated like royalty in Cincy after his playing days. They don't make em like that anymore.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)