Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #14
rmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwoodall2
Bettors who cry "FIX" without realizing they are looking at the race and PP's wrong is the problem, and why battors "cannot win the races".
I say this for one reason- in your analysis, for all but 1 entry you use "last race" as a big factor. Some think a horse that just won 1-2- or 3 races in a row is not too tired to race well, when many of them need more rest.
I have not looked at the PPs or chart prior the above comment, but the chart shows the "monster horse" even $$$ was the only one who ran last at Pleasanton, the rest at SoCal- and the 1-1 fair horse carried 4 lbs more than any other and lost positions well before the finish- outclassed.
I don't want to agrue the point that the fav picked up 4 lbs (was really only 1 lb) or that he was a "fair horse" (was shiiped up north for that one race) or that he was outclassed (faced MdnALW in every race but one before Sun) or that I used last races as a big factor (I find that the best place to start).
What I did say was that his race before the PLN race was a clucker and that appeared to be the race he ran on Sunday.

If you can, watch the reply. It's pretty comical. Every horse on or near the lead came to almost a complete stop at the qtr pole. The jockeys on the closers (who all finished in the money) had to do a lot of quick manuvering to avoid running into the stopped horses. And four of the six jockeys on those dying horses didn't even ride their horses out.

And once again I do not belive the race was fixed. I guess I had just never witnessed anything like that.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)