Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 06:02 PM   #218
dilanesp

It seems to me that overall, horse racing media is doing a decent job of covering this story. I see a lot of articles about on horse racing sites, plus discussion here.

Compare it to say, the NFL, which forced Bob Costas out because they didn't like his commentary on concussions.

Horse racing hasn't always been this forthcoming about this issue. I remember when Go For Wand broke down, there was a bunch of blame in the industry directed towards NBC, as if a network covering a major horse race where a champion racehorse breaks down in front of the stands is not going to extensively cover the story. (NBC, to its great credit, told the industry to go screw itself and made it be known that if something like that happened again, they would do the same thing.)

But lots of people are being up front about this. It's an improvement, actually.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.