Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 12:38 PM   #27
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
so what do you FEEL about those who state catastrophic anthropomorphic climate destruction is settled science? or does it just depend on what the cause is?

I agree with your assessment of science, although half of the country does not.
Dave, don't know about "entirely" anthropomorphic. I'm not a scientist, though I suspect they can use computer modeling to compare natural vs. human-influenced simulation.

Given that there's 7.594 billion people on the planet, lets just say I am not willing to sit and wait because I do think we need to be mindful and start to "take measures" regardless of what the cause is?

I do not feel that I can be healthy if I live on an unhealthy, polluted planet.

I was influenced by reading Schumacher's "Small Is Beautiful" back in my teens. I remember the example of how many valuable natural resources used to make a "heated foot stool". I think we need to seek more sustainable sources before we clear-cut forests all over the planet, for stuff like this (and which I consider an unncessary item because that's what socks and/or a throw blanket are for. )

Back when I read the book it did raise my consciousness about wasting stuff.....and there wasn't the level of plastic then, either, or all the fast food joints. Everything we consume requires raw materials and I am mindful of that fact.

It all adds up.

I'm all for doing whatever might help Mother Nature do her best to stay healthy, regardless if it's a natural progression or human-caused.

I also think it's a rather odd idea that we have "no" effect on things. Of course we do. Nobody has a zero footprint.

Last edited by clicknow; 12-17-2020 at 12:42 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)