Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 07:28 PM   #10
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
I'll probably end up mad again when Promises Fulfilled, or Quip, or Flameaway, or Bravazo, or Noble Indy, or Free Drop Billy, or Firenze Fire, or really anybody that doesn't try and take it to Justify and Magnum Moon on the front end. Becasue those horses aren't passing those guys late, much less a number of others, while playing the same game of a solid amount of stalkers and closers that are better than them anyway.
In a 20 horse chaos race where so much can go wrong, I've never had an "expectation" that the "best horse will win the KY Derby."

Now, if they win all 3 legs of the TC, I might entertain the thought they are perhaps, or at least close to being, the best of their peers.

However, post KY Derby, when we see so many milers who were low odds, and even horses who are really champion sprinters like Whitmore, who don't belong in the race, but take a lot of money..... I rarely begrudge any horse for winning the Derby. That's all that is required to do on that day. Right?

I guess I don't use the KY Derby as any kind of real yardstick for anything. It's too weird of a race.

I never begrudged Mine That Bird his win on the day. His weaving in and out of all those horses and running past them one-by-one, was exhilarating. A horse has to be right on that day, and also have the ability and stamina and race set up to get it done.

Last edited by clicknow; 04-20-2018 at 07:33 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)