Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
Well that's just it. You will alienate alot of the core fans that come out during the day. Most people are dining in the area at night or on the boardwalk. I cant see it working.

I know they are trying alot now with different events every weekend and while it does get people on track they dont bet. Small fields and the quality is certainly an issue.

Seems like a slow death at this point, unless something drastic happens.
Tell MP to do something drastic. 1 race ON TRACK only with 3% takeout. Make every race a 10% takeout, ON TRACK ONLY.

Partner with local businesses. Example: Local ABC restaurant. Come to MP, wager $200, get a $100 dinner voucher for ABC restaurant (tracked by a player's card). Split the cost with the restaurant. Have the restaurant market the track. Menu items include the MP Superfecta 4 course meal etc. Have fine track artistry all over the walls etc.

MARKET, MARKET, MARKET. Hire a 19 year old, I'm serious, and put them in charge of social media. Believe me, that 19 year old will do a better job than the 94 year old "Marketing/Teller" who may be in charge.

I hate this as much as you MPJoe. I grew up on many trips to MP. Bob Weems: Theyyyyyy'rrrrrrre offffffffff (echo Theyyyyyyyyy'rrrrrre offffff)

The 4th race, an exacta race at 6F, will be coming up in 23 Minutes ta Post Taaaam.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 02-14-2017 at 07:47 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)