Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
clocker7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
And it's exactly the reason WHY some of us are demanding monumental reform in the areas of race day medication, trainer and owner punishments, and anything else it might take to clean up this teetering game.

Because those very opportunities you write about will disappear in a HEARTBEAT if something different and TANGIBLE is not put into action (and soon) regarding policing this sport.

You're fooling yourself if you think these networks won't bow to the slightest amount of public pressure in the face of continuous light being shined into the dirtiest corners of this game.
The networks have been aware of this for decades, yet there's willingness to become an active partner. Go figure. All my life I have listened to every form of media prattling on about how fundamentally corrupt racing is, (so did dad and grandpa) yet, here we are.

Sometimes I wonder about these perpetual jeremiahs, their ability to read life's racing form, and whether they ever enjoy picking a winner, rather than stewing in their juices all the time. You don't have to be a full-frontal optimist to pity them.
clocker7 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)