Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:32 AM   #1
Teach

"The Wedding": Josh McDaniels

Years ago, my wife was friendly with one of her Springfield high school classmates. This woman (I’ll call her Brenda, not her real name) had met a recently-divorced man named David (Someone later suggested that David became attracted to Brenda "on the rebound”). In any event, David and Brenda started “going steady”; they later became engaged.

A few months later, a wedding date was set. All the arrangements had been made. Brenda’s parents spared no expense. Yet, when the day for the wedding arrived – no David. Sadly, Brenda had been jilted. She was left standing at the altar. Tears flowed down her cheeks. Her parents were livid.

In another light, offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels better hope that his future in professional football rests with the New England Patriots, and only the New England Patriots. Because, quite obviously, no other NFL team is going to take a chance of being “jilted” as the Indianapolis Colts just were.
This whole thing boggles my mind. Here’s a man who was once a head coach: the Denver Broncos. I would think that he would aspire with all his heart and soul to once again coach an NFL team. I would have to believe that he was ecstatic that his coaching quest for the “Holy Grail” of professional football -- a head coaching job -- had, once again, been realized.

But no. At the last possible moment McDaniels opts out. But why? I know we’ll hear all kinds of answers, e.g., loyalty to the Patriots, Mr. Kraft, family matters, etc.

Yet, I still have to believe there’s much, much more to than this than meets the eye. Was he promised the head coaching position with New England. When? Sooner than we think?
I have to believe that some very powerful iron-clad promises were made to Josh McDaniels to get him to stay with New England; thus, in the process, his forsaking of a position as an NFL head-coach.

Oh, as for that bride-groom David, the one that jilted my wife’s friend. We learned later that he had re-married his ex-wife.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement