Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 07:44 AM   #26
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensacola Pete View Post
That's common with Betfair; it's known as 'arbitrage,' a lot of people are into it, and there are bots that scour the Betfair markets 24/7 looking for such advantages. It's especially popular with the Brits in the U.K. races.
The bots are great. Hell I have had bets matched at $0.01 by the bots.
Bots are stupid and can be beaten with common sense. The one thing annoying as hell is bots mimicking my bets. I lay a horse at 5.00 for 10. And suddenly it’s 20 due to bots. I am a 2 year player on the exchange and won money both in 2016 and 2017, mostly laying horses. Off to a profitable start in 2018.

I am a very active trader. In the last two days I was matched on 160 bets in 29 markets for an average of 5 bets per market.

I grind out a profit doing this. It’s not easy. But then again if it was easy everyone would do it.

I really like the uk markets, although there are many sharps and bots there.

Tread lightly in the uk there if you are just starting out. Better to stick with the American markets for beginners.

Also I like the in-running betting on the long races, short races hard to get a bet matched but the longer races I have had more success and it’s a blast when a horse you like goes up in price in the market because the horse is a late runner.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement