Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #15
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Not all juries are smart, maybe they're banking on that. As far as his life being on the line, his life is kinda ruined whether he goes to...
Most juries are stupid.

If you are banking on that, then stand at the table and bang your fist every chance you get and make a point of taking every opportunity to let the pool know that the client thought he was going to die because of the ruffian black kid. I'm thinking you want them to empathize. From start to finish, sell them on Zimmerman's fear for his life and make them stand in his shoes. Stupid people will probably let any emotion cloud their efforts at interpreting the law.

Insulting the intelligence of the stupid with dopey comedy hour seems like the wrong way to bank on a stupid jury getting to an acquittal. But, what do I know. I can't see the effective "grand strategy" that you do here, but thanks for trying.

As far as his life - yeah, it's on the line. I obviously didn't mean in the sense that he's going away forever or getting capital punishment. I mean, a verdict one-way completely destroys his chances at any sort of life and a verdict the other way only compromises it. He's pretty screwed regardless, but having a jury call you a racist child murderer is going to be tough to overcome inside and outside of the pokey.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)