Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #15
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I am hoping some stooper got $5978 about 30 years ago, because I think unclaimed tickets go to the state and California already (where I lived then) gets enough unearned money.

Here is the story I believe I told here before. Los Alamitos harness somewhere around 1986. If I liked the pick six it was common of me to put in 2 horses a race and play for $128. Usually a chalky early foot type then a mid priced or long shot type who wins if the race falls apart. First two legs of the pick six I lost two $200 win bets also bet on the top pick six selections and my backs up didn't win either. At 0-2 on the pick six I pitched the ticket in the trash but kept the program and headed the 90 miles home.

Looking in the next mornings paper at the results I saw crazy prices the rest of the night and thought, glad I bailed I would have lost over $1,000 instead of $500. Come to find out those crazy prices were my second choices on my pick six ticket. So what 4 of 6 never pays anything. I look at the very bottom of the results, it says 2 tickets with 4 winners paid $5978.00. I had tossed a $5978.00 ticket in the trash, took a while to get over than mistake, I was all of 25 years old.
I have had this happen a couple times to me, while not on the same scale. Now I hold onto everything.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.