Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: In a Slump
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 07:55 AM   #23
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigadam119 View Post
I’m in a slump the last month or so. It’s been really bad the first two weeks of the Saratoga meet. I’m just not seeing winners or place or show horses for that matter. I’m not the greatest handicapper, but I’ve been taught a lot on here by all of you. This has helped me to have some decent days and make a few nice bets.
I would seem to have more of those decent days during the Saratoga meet as the big fields and “hidden horses” being pointed to the meet would help my style. As I said, this year it’s been tough so far.

With that being said, what do you do in the tough stretches?

Saratoga can humble the best handicappers. The races are wide open, the turf courses have tight turns, the track can be tiring at times but can change on a dime. I tend to bet lightly if the horses aren't running the way I feel they should and I press (bet heavier) when things are going well. Some people say that you should always bet the same. If you have no instincts, I guess that makes sense but part of being a smart gambler is taking advantage of hot streaks (and not getting destroyed during cold streaks).

If it's not working for me at a track during a meet, I switch and play other tracks where I've done well in the past. There's no reason to press a track that isn't working for you.

Last edited by pandy; 07-29-2020 at 07:59 AM.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)