Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 06:23 PM   #7
kenwoodallpromos

A

Track kept its small inside post bias; total 1 workout Friday; very slow works earlier, sealed track works Saturday; Saturday results say "sealed" for the first several races, reflected in several races.
Since I claim NY to have among the best mainenance crews, even for off-tracks, and they try to make it safe and fair, I say they were working hard to keep the track raceable and had no choice but to super-seal it. The best guess of whoever was writing the track condition during the day must have assumed the track would lose it seal (speed) during the day. But it did not, even though "sealed" is not listed in early races.
Sand- I am not aware of how dumping extra sand on the track during wet weather would be easy to do while racing every day, or how a deeper track would speed it up like crazy. Steam rolling the track would do that!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)