Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #762
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo
Not sure how keeping people (New Yorkers) from destroying there lives and losing their money is a bad thing for the state to restrict or delay(not that the state delayed the slots for these reasons). Slots are crimnal and do way more harm then helping. I can't imagine that helping a few thousand horseman make a better living is worth slealing millions of dollars from the people.The whole lottery system save the huge jackpots are basic violations on what government is suppose to do. Government was created to protect not to disable people..

As much as I love racing I still think slots are a horrible way to defer it's continued demise.
You know I agree with a lot of this. I think the Lottery, and the way they are promoted by States, is borderline criminal and certainly hypocritical. As far as I'm concerned, if they can legalize the lottery there is no reason prostitution and drugs aren't legal as well. However, in this particular situation, the problem is that the Slots were legalized for all racetracks, and whether or not you morally agree with that, for Pataki to have prevented NYRA from having slots, while allowing every other racetrack to have them is criminal. It is a completely different debate.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.