Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 PM   #6
Just a Fan

Yes, 2 winning tickets on Monday (ouch for those folks). 20 cent H5 paid 2x as much as the $1 super, even with the fave finishing 5th. So there is an example of the H5 paying great (not to mention almost getting scooped) even with the high takeout.

I would love to know how the pools play out for a wager like this... for example, what percentage of SH5 tickets will use a 40-1 horse on top (is it a lot more than 2%?) or what % of tickets use a 4-5 shot on top (is it a lot less than 50%?).

I still think if the takeout is 2 or 3 times bigger than it should be, its hard to make up for that by relying on pool inefficiencies (or brilliant handicapping ) to hammer out a profit over the long run. But yeah, its definitely good for the track to have a 6 figure carryover to promote, and it gives Woodbine an extra 40-50K in handle each night. Gulfstream is getting something like 6M in additional handle each month while their Rainbow 6 goes unhit, which comes in handy for those unexpected facility maintenance bills, such as "slot machines crash thru the ceiling to the ground floor". I will confess that I was completely fooled when I saw this in person last month.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertai...,5186149.story
Just a Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom